S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is that sob. I know it is supposed to be a tan wire with a black stripe. The distributor has 2 plugs. One has a red wire and a white wire that goes to the coil. The other one has 4 wires and it goes into a huge bundle wiring harness that disappears behind the engine.

I pulled the carpet back on the passenger side firewall about 8 inches or so and did not see a wire anywhere. Under the carpet and pad is a black rubber tar like matt. Is the wire under that black mat. I would have to rip it to get it out.

Do I have to take off the passenger side kick pannel?

Where is that wire??

John Harris

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
In the 1st Gen it is at the Pass side floor taped to the main harness, I have seen them on the passenger side firewall on the full size trucks again taped to the main harness. might want to check there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The '95 may

have it moved under the hood near the distributor. Look inside that bundle you mention for a single tan wire with a connector on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it

After much frustration I found that little ba$tard. I had to remove the 4 scres to the pannel under the glove box and take out the PCM. There is a big bundle of wires that comes out he BACK of the PCM and the timing connector wire is back there. You have to take the PCM out of the dash to get back there to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts