S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to bring my truck to the track. 355 sbc Flat top pistons, 488/509 cam. vortec heads, single plane, 750DP holley.
Well I got there a little to late and only got one run because of some damn import blowing up. I got M/T drag radials and had probably 26psi in them way to much and no traction bars. The truck is basically monoleafed and some junk shocks witha 2" drop spindle in the front.
R/T... .139
60'... 2.348​
330'... 5.942
1/8... 8.870
MPH... 83.91
1000'... 11.419
1/4... 13.217
MPH... 105.22
MY goal to knock 1 second off of that.
1.Moroso cool can. Have it, need to install
2. Need somekind of traction bars.
3. 12 PSI in tires.
4. stall at 2600-3000. Got a 3000 stall convertor.
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THIINK I SHOULD DO TO KNOCK 1 SECOND OFF. I WILL BE RUNNING AGAIN THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
slownlo said:
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THIINK I SHOULD DO TO KNOCK 1 SECOND OFF. I WILL BE RUNNING AGAIN THIS FRIDAY NIGHT
Nitrous? You have to add more HP. 105mph wont go 12.2s, If you get it to dead hook you might make 12.5s. Get some Caltracs or slide a links

I ran almost the identical time 2.4 (60')[email protected] 86(1/8th)... [email protected] 107 (1/4) I wish I would ahve had some stickey tires and traction bars, getting beat by people running 102mph isnt cool....

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I know the 60' sux, like I said I am going to run like 12psi next time and stall it like 2600 or so and see what happens. I like the other guys theory(just spray it).NO.... want to see what it will do on motor 1st. This motor is not made to spray. But don't worry i got something on the engine stand that I am going to spray. CAN YOU SAY FOGGER... Its coming soon.after new rearend and oh yeah 400 witha transbrake. Well this motor I know for a fact will see a low 12 second run. I know the mph was not right but I didnt hook up for like 15- 20 feet I know that was hurrting my MPH. If I get out of the whole better I will get better mph. oh yeah I forgot to tell you that was shiffting at 5500rpm next time I am going to shift at 6500rmp that alone should help my MPH.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Every .10 off your 60 ft is about .15 et reduction.Get down to about 1.70 60 ft (easier said than done) and that should get you there!

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so your saying 3 tenths should be 1.5 in the 1/4

·
Registered
540 Posts
With the proper safety equipment incorporated into your system, ANY engine can handle Nitrous! Just dont go overboard, your combo would handle a nice 100 HP kit no prob!

·
Registered
144 Posts
slownlo said:
so your saying 3 tenths should be 1.5 in the 1/4
If you cut 3 tenths off your 60ft (2.048 60 ft) you should run around a 12.80 et maybe less.Edited original post to better clarify.

·
Ross Racing Engines
1,385 Posts
What I want to know is what's with the .139 R/T???? Taking a nap, or did some hot chick flash her boobs??

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wouldn't go 12psi on your et streets try around 20 and work your way down.My camaro didn't like anything less than 16 psi on 26x11.50 et streets.Fwiw I went from a consistant 1.74 60 ft w/et streets to a 1.69 60 ft just changing to mt drs same size tire with WAY better street manners.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
slownlo said:
I didnt hook up for like 15- 20 feet I know that was hurrting my MPH.
Not hooking up usually helps your mph, not slows it down. Hook up and youll loose a MPH or 2 typically...but youll get there faster no doubt.

ET = how well you use the power you have to get you to the end of the track
MPH= Power you have

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dude you wouldn't believe me if i told you. there was a turtle on the track. no just have not been to the track in a year 1st run 1st pass with new motor a little nervous.and for the nitrous guys.... NO this is a N/A motor. J/K I will spray it after I run a low 12 that way when I do spray it will (run 10s)be worth getting kicked out of the track for not having a cage.

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Moroso cool can= cooler fuel=more HP=more MPH (right)

·
Ross Racing Engines
1,385 Posts
that's the theory anyway

·
BADDEST TRUCK IN DFW
2,089 Posts
you dont need a fuel cooler... get the 60's down, thats what you need to work on 1st. If you can't launch the truck your wasting your time, start there.

·
built for stangs
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well tomorrow i will install new plugs, install cool can.
later

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
spray it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts