S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2952 Posts

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first project truck not to long ago. Its a 1994 Sonoma st. cab short bed. Has 174,xxx miles. 2.2 manual 5 speed.

Plans:
Teardown and paint frame
Rebuild motor/ paint a pretty up
Repaint Truck
Bags
Traditional Body drop (maybe)

Air Ride Setup

FRONT:
Slam RE-7 bags
Stock control arms
drop spindels

REAR:
Custom Triangulated 4 link, bags on bar
Slam RE-8 bags

Here are some pics of it when i got it home.

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is some stuff i have got done the past couple of weeks.

Bed off

Front on jacks

Inside again

Fenders off

Bumper and grill off

Core Support off

Strippin down the interior

Cab off!

Passenger rockers

Drivers rockers

Started Haling

Little brother chilling inside durring the hail.

Called it a night

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you already have some of the air ride stuff or are you just cleaning everything up while you save?
I don't have any of the stuff yet. I could get some bags for the front and my 4 link for the back. But then i am gona want to rush it to get it done.

The plan is to pull the motor this week sometime and then me and my friend are gona half and half on a sears sand blaster. Hopefully i can get the frame and the bottom of the cab blasted before it startes to snow here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would love to have that bench seat and the heat only bloxer box. To bad you live so far away.

·
///Relaxed Atmosphere
3,547 Posts
damn this should be a awesome project for the winter!

btw, you would be stupid not to body drop it right now, honestly.

·
I sell cars to drive crap
113 Posts
Grand Haven, eh? I'm from Davison/Lapeer. Good luck with the build up!

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
mayham-13:
Yeah too bad cause im not gona use it and it works really good.

So Low Roller:
Exactly what i was thinking. I mean its all apart i might as well do it now cause i would be more work next time. And if i did BD it i would move the cab back so i could gain some firewall clerence.

BrianBlocks:
Yeah right, the weather people are already getting the winter woodies around here. yeah sure, you got a 5th wheel hitch?

Stencer: yeah your like on the other side of the state. there was a truck i was looking at that was in flint that was really nice. But someone picked it up before i could get there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mayham-13:

Well how much would you want to ship me the blower box? I really need one and I can't find one locally. You'd be shipping it to Knoxville TN, 37914.

·
I sell cars to drive crap
113 Posts
mayham-13:

So Low Roller:
Exactly what i was thinking. I mean its all apart i might as well do it now cause i would be more work next time. And if i did BD it i would move the cab back so i could gain some firewall clerence.

BrianBlocks:
Yeah right, the weather people are already getting the winter woodies around here. yeah sure, you got a 5th wheel hitch?

Stencer: yeah your like on the other side of the state. there was a truck i was looking at that was in flint that was really nice. But someone picked it up before i could get there.
Probably wasn't mine :haha:

I bought a Caprice out in Grand Haven once.. isn't that by Grand Rapids?

·
I has s475
6,886 Posts
thats me on the phone your truck looks like less the work in the pic lol you want me to help you get the motor out this week jordan?

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the support guys!!!

mayham-13:
How would i go about figuring out how much it is to ship? If you could get me some info then i could ship it to you if you wish.

Stencer:
Its sorta by grand rapids, more west than Grand Rapids. Its right on lake michigan.

Merritj2417:
Thanks!

STL_DRGN:
Ross, use punctuation marks when u type dumb ass. haha. jk. I plan on getting it ready today and might pull it out later today or tomorrow.
And you don't have bags, or do i yet.

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got about an hour on the truck today.
I got the main wiring harness all undone and everything labeled.
Got the Exhaust undone from the header also.
Removed the charcol canister out too.

About that though, there are 3 lines going from the back half of the truck to the front from the gas tank and charcol box. COuld soemone tell me what the functions of these lines are? Does the charcol line just use the fumes from the box and try to reburn them?

The plan is to pull the motor and trans out tomorrow and start dissasembling the font suspension componets so i can try to snad blast the frame this weekend.:)

1 - 20 of 2952 Posts