S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are pics of my 6000K HID kit in my modified clear diamondback assembly. I removered the internal reflector insed the headloght to increase the light output and increase overall color.

I'm the headlight guru if you have any questions let me know, I have had projectors, halo angel eyes, and diamondback headlights with 8 different types of blue bulbs in them, but nothing compares to true HID. I get good compliments on them all the time during the day time and night time.

More light output then mercedes

Head on pic compared to halogens

Close up

Awesome color just like the acura and lexus

My web page about my xtreme

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The links good and best are for the guy with the 88 s-10, they are not even close to the real HID's that I have, but that is what he is looking for.

My HID's are called "Vision 6000k 9006" the ballast and bulb have been very reliable for 6 monthes now. You can buy the kit off of ebay right now for $300 which is hella cheap cuz when I bought mine they were $440.

My friend bought a Vision 8000k 9006 kit for his s-10 and he was very unhappy with it because the light output isnt that great, his old generic blue bulbs put out pretty much the same amount of light on the ground. The color looked cool when you looked at the headlight straight on, but my color of my 6000k kit looks more like an acura or lexus and has alot more light output then the 8000k kits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I did try my HID kit in my angel eye headlight housings, but it sucked big time! The light output was HORRIBLE and the color of the projector ball was sorta yellow. I thought it would look just like a BMW, but the only reason BMW projectors look the way they do is because their projectors have a very sharp cutoff line which emits a prism effect of blueish purple color.

I went with the Clear Diamondback Housing because that made a amazing looking color of puple and blue just like the lexus IS300.

Also by taking out the internal reflector cap that was added by the DOT people to make it leagel made the lights put out even more light on the ground.

Here are some links to help you understand what Im trying to say.

Cutoff Line Explained
The angel eye headlights have a horrible cutoff line that produces no color at all. You would have to comletely take them apart to try to midify them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would remove the headlight assembly and remove all the bulbs the take the headlight and spray windex into it threw the 9006 hole then shake it around. If that doesnt doe it stick it in the oven @ 300 degrees for 3 minutes or less then pull it out and take the lens off. It should come off easy because the silicon is very soft. Then wipe the inside of the lens down. To put it back together just pop it in the oven for a little bit more to soften the silicon up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did u order the compeltly clear headlight, or did u clear it out somehow.. when i cleared out mine 95 jimmy, the corner was the type of clear as your whole thing is but my others had that shady stuff over them.. is there a way to get rid of that or did u find somewhhere to buy them. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts