S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a way to make the doors on s10s fit tighter (so they dont rattle and leak small amounts)
i was told by a bodyman that all there is to do is literally bend the doors a bit, but i want a better way. has anyone tried grinding out the holes on the part of the latch that goes on the cab, not the door?

any suggestions would be nice :cool:

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
that's the only way i know 'uv.you can try adjusting the striker though.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
that's the only way i know 'uv.you can try adjusting the striker though.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
that's twice that's happenned,anybody know why?

·
xtremetreefrog
9 Posts
im a body man and my advice is its a s10 not a caddy not much you can do if you start bending on the doors they wont fit some where else around thecab and moving the striker in will cause door to shut harder and pop when opening and not be flush with cab there not built perfect i know it sucks but tried fixing many of them in dealer ship under warranty and cant get them perfect all the way around my opioion though have fun :D :cool:

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh alright sounds like there more or less isnt anything to do. guess i'll just have to drive my shitbox all rattly like it is. :) :)

·
smells like welding
243 Posts
There's always something you can do. What year is your truck? Garanteed your s-10 didn't come from the factory with rattling, leaky doors. You have to find what is rattleing, and whats leaking and fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts