S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen people ask about them before online & here in the forums, & have never really seen any opinions.

I got the 2.5 in 2.5 out spun stainless steel with built in O2 bung. Cost was I think $60 shipped. Comes with the federal 5 year 50k warranty of course.

So Ive had the converter on for a couple weeks now & its nice. Flows good, sounds awesome with my setup & has not thrown any codes at me so far. If it does Ill just screw in a non fouler. But i doubt it will, it seems to be a high quality part.

For sure worth a thought if your thinking about forking out more money for a magnaflow that comes with the same warranty.

Also just an FYI, I took my old beat up rattling converter to a local scrap metal recycler and got $110 for it. That paid for almost half of my all new exhaust. So keep that in mind also.

·
Registered
450 Posts
links to the site you bought it from?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, price didnt go up, i was looking at the metallic core converters. seems they are actually having a sale & i could have saved $10. :rant:

·
Lazy newb
39 Posts
Thanks for the input. I've been checking these out as a cheap alternative to replace mine with.

Do you happen to have any vids? How did the exhaust tone change compared to the factory converter?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I took an audio clip but i deleted it because it didnt sound at all like reality.

Sorry I cant tell you about any tone change from the converter. I replaced my entire exhaust with this cat, 2.5 pipe, & a thrush welded muffler all at the same time.

I can tell you it FLOWS! You can actually see straight through it. Before, the exhaust kind of "puffed" out of the tail pipe & it was kinda hot air. Now, the exhaust "shoots" out of the tail pipe & its hotter than the gates of hell at the end of my tail pipe. It did kind of stink like sulfur for the first few days.

Huge power increase all around. Wish I would have done it two years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts