S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone using the 56mm throttle body ever had the throttle plate cathc on the manifold and how do you get around it.
i ask because i noticed that the inside of my manifold has a slight rub mark from where the plate had been rubbing against along with marks on the inside of the throttle body from the plate being forced against it.
opens and closes fine when apart from the manifold. when mounted to the manifold it gets caught up after releasing from part throttle
suggestions? solutions?

·
Registered Un-dependent
2,060 Posts
You might have the idle set a tad low, mine did the same thing when I tried to ide it below 1000 RPM, the plate was actually sticking in the TB.

Just a 1/4 turn of the idle screw cured mine...your mileage may vary...LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can get back down to idle speed though if i blip the throttle and let it snap shut, it's just annoying because it happens so often..

·
Phuck the police!
260 Posts
I had this happen on my 2.8 when using a small block TB.

First, this is caused by the idle being low.

There is a way to fix it though :)

What I did is I took a dremel and knife edged the edges of the throttle butterfly.

A light polishing wheel should be enough. Make sure to take out only a little at a time!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had this happen on my 2.8 when using a small block TB.

First, this is caused by the idle being low.

There is a way to fix it though :)

What I did is I took a dremel and knife edged the edges of the throttle butterfly.

A light polishing wheel should be enough. Make sure to take out only a little at a time!
now that seems like what im looking for. ill give that a try sometime today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts