S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 S10 2.2L 235k Auto
Hey there forum, I have a question that has recently confused me; is there a Throttle Control Relay for the 2.2L?
The interwebs is full of them wanting to sell me one, however the problem is I don't think I have one to replace. Can't find it in the Haynes, or other searches, even looking and identifying the relays I do have. The reason I ran across them is b/c I have a hesitation issue and desperate to fix it. I've replaced about every related thing but to no avail. This post isn't about the hesitation though, I am only curious about the existence of said relay.
Thanks for your weigh-in!
Matt

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
The TCR is only used on vehicles with DBW throttles. It's primary function it to prevent octagenarians from driving thru the front of CVS. It cuts power to the electric throttle system when the brakes are applied. So if Granny hits both pedals in a panic only the brakes respond.
You don't have one.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
986 Posts
a slight hiccup can be caused by a momentary lose of ground- check all five

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gentlemen, that's what i was hoping. You saved me some $$$ and later embarrassment with trying to find a place for a relay that doesn't exist on my rig.
Thanks also to Jayhawke, i'll check my grounds and hope that is it.
Have a good hunkering!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts