S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any of the throttle body spacers from Helix, or Airaid, or any of them. I heard that the hood won't shut on some models and that they really don't help mileage and performance. I want some more input before I waste the money.
I mainly want it for better gas mileage.
thanks...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
On 96+ it won't do anything due to the design of the intake. It will help a bit on a TBI setup, how much I really can't say. I had one on my 01 and it didn't do shit except for a whistle sound. As far as the hood not shutting, that is only on a 96+ if you also have the K&N FIPK installed. This can also be avoided if you don't install the black ring over the TB on the FIPK kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2002 Soonoma 4.3L, so your saying that they are crap and they aren't going to help me at all and it won't clear my hood. Did you do anything to yours to get better gas mileage. I get about 11 in town and 14-15 highway.

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
I have one on my 90, with the 4.3. I like it, doesnt fit to well under the hood, but gives me an excuss to get a new hood. Anyway, it helped out pretty good with milage. Right now we have a guy at zr2.com making them and selling them for 50. Lemma know if you want more information.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
loyalty said:
NOLFCLVR21, i'm in the same boat...don't have one, want one, but everyone advises against getting one.
Seriously, put your hard earned money towards something else that will actually increase HP.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hmm i want more power and but this wont do it, the wistle would sound cool, kinda like a supercharger gear whine.... hmmm. well that sounds like a good reason to supercharge my truck. thanks. now i just need the cash to do so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Helix tbs

I put in the Helix plus in my 96 4.3 and it didn't do squat except it seems doggier at take off. Waste of money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts