S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
considering buying one and was wondering... do any of you guys use them? are they worth it? anything I should know? any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
for a TBI engine you may see a bit of a gain

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have one on my 88 s10 with a 4.3. didnt notice too much other than better throttle response. not too sure if it was worth 100$ but its not like they make a ton of parts for our engines so you take what you can get. also my truck is bone stock other than the spacer, and you will have to bend the throttle cable bracket slightly. i had to on mine cause the spacer caused my throttle to stick slightly open due to the added height.

·
Registered
758 Posts
^^They make a ton of parts for 4.3's idk where you got the idea that they dont make alot. Not trying to be a dick either.

Also dont do a tbi spacer its not worth the cash you will get more bang for your buck if you go with a taurus 2speed e-fan. You will free up some hp and more mpg's also with it and it will cost the same.

·
Registered
101 Posts
really?? i have only seen throttlebody spacers, intake manifolds, and headers. what else do they make? and yes i know i can use quite a bit of small block parts but as for bolt on please enlightly me CHEVY<FORD. i need to hop up my 4.3!

·
Registered
758 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts