S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
low_huh? said:
i dont see why they wouldnt
OK the reason that they made these is too increase plenum size to aid in the atomization of the air fuel mix. If you have a carb or a real TBI unit where gas is added before entering the intake, it'll work just fine, but no one height works on every motor. Now with the injection being internal in the intake and gas being added there, what could adding to the size of the plenum do? Nothing at all, it cant. Then some even advertise the fact with there spiral, it speeds up the incoming air so more can enter faster, again, wrong, it'll slow it down. Why do they make them???Because people with real TBI's and carbs see alot of improvement, pass this information on, you buy, they make big profit on a $20 machining charge and material ( Yes I'm a machinist and know exactly what it takes to build one). So what it boils down too is demand and supply, you demand ,we make claims based on other setups , then we supply. MANY of the mods advertised dont and or cant work!!!!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I put one on my truck cause i got it for free, i can honestly say i felt a little bit on the low end and it didn't hurt any top end speed or acceleration, if u have the money, then get it if not go for something with proven gains like intake, chip, or exhaust:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts