S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Can I use the Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer with the factory intake ('01 X w/4.3) :confused:

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to get my Christams list together.........anyway, would it be ok just to get the MSD 6A without any wires and just do without new one?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
to answer the throttle body spacer question, yes it will work with the stock intake. and the MSD 6A box will need a wiring harness for your application (96-02 GM 4.3). i think you were asking if you have to buy spark plug wires with it, if so, no you dont. but i do recommend the MSD 8.5 MM wires if ya do! :thumbup:

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the wiring harness......do you think it would come with the MSD ignition or would I have to buy it separate and if so what/who would you suggest?

·
2,186 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
the wiring harness......do you think it would come with the MSD ignition or would I have to buy it separate and if so what/who would you suggest?
it is seperate and MSD makes it specifically for their boxes, i can get the part numbers for both the box and harness off of summit if you want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i dont think you will see a diff with a throttle body spacer because thet mix the air fuel up better before it goes into the comb chamber, and your truck shoots the fuel directly into the comb chamber. but still go for the msd, get a msd coil also.

·
2,186 Posts
clone said:
i dont think you will see a diff with a throttle body spacer because thet mix the air fuel up better before it goes into the comb chamber, and your truck shoots the fuel directly into the comb chamber. but still go for the msd, get a msd coil also.
the helix bore corrects the air flow and spirals it to make it a lil less turbulent. there was a difference when i put it on.:thumbup:

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MightyMouseJ5 said:

the helix bore corrects the air flow and spirals it to make it a lil less turbulent. there was a difference when i put it on.:thumbup:
well i'll prolly get more of an improvement from the MND and all that right........is there a site where can i get that wiring harnness and the coils?

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
2,186 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:

is there one that would work best....sorry for all the questions but i have no clue bout this one
i am partial to summit, but jegs is the same exact thing. i do buy from both. i would check out both and compare prices, the box might be cheaper from one, but the harness or wires might be cheaper from the other.:thumbup:

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was wondering what coils are better? sorry for not making it clear. i did notice tho that on one of those sites, the MSD 6A was $50 cheaper than another site i was gonna get it from so thanx already for that

·
2,186 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
i was wondering what coils are better? sorry for not making it clear. i did notice tho that on one of those sites, the MSD 6A was $50 cheaper than another site i was gonna get it from so thanx already for that
i havent bought it yet, but i am gonna get the MSD GM Blaster Coil. should be like $35 to $50 bucks i believe.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Actually MM, I believe you only need the GM Blaster coil if you are using the stock ignition. I think if you are using MSD's ignition you can use one of the others. Im not 100% on this, but Im gonna call them tomorrow. Ill let you know then!!

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanx on behalf of me and mm

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MM?

the plug wires i need to get.......on summitracing. com is it the set described as Universal: 6-cylinder, These sets include Multi-Angle spark plug boots installed on one end and come with socket and HEI boots that need to be assembled. 8.5 mm Super Conductor wire set....i am certain those are the ones i need but i wanna make sure?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts