S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying the mod at sshotrods about removing the restrictor on my throttle body. (Cant help it i'm a DIY whore..LOL). If I pull the throttle body do I need to pick up a replacement gasket or does it use a reusable gasket or o-ring. Thanks for the help....

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Im trying the mod at sshotrods about removing the restrictor on my throttle body. (Cant help it i'm a DIY whore..LOL). If I pull the throttle body do I need to pick up a replacement gasket or does it use a reusable gasket or o-ring. Thanks for the help....
i just reused the gasket when i did it and it is fine. also the way i did mine was different then how SS hotrods did theirs. i drilled out the rivets that hold that plate on then i plugged up the holes that it left with two tight fitting screws and nuts, then damaged the threads to keep the nuts from fallin off. i would do it like that so if you dont linke it or it gives you probs you can just put the plate back on. also after you do that make sure to reset the ECU like you did when the SES light came on, trust me on that one, it helps!:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mouse...Did it today...never removed TB. Just removed the screws and slid the plate out..I didn't drill out the rivets though. Even with screwed up threads, my luck they would fall off anyway LOL. Thanks for the help...Is it me or does the truck pull real hard above 3500 rpm now....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this mod. How does your idle sit? What about MPG? Would you do it again? Thanx for any info.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably one of the easiest mods to DIY. Make a difference?. Definitley!! Especially above 3500 rpm. truck pulls much harder now all the way to about 5500 rpm,,,Idle is perfect. Disco battery terminals(both) let computer clear (1/2 hour) restart the truck and after about 15 miles OBDII will settle into a nice rhythm. Dont have mileage yet as I just finished it today...Hope it helps

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Thanks mouse...Did it today...never removed TB. Just removed the screws and slid the plate out..I didn't drill out the rivets though. Even with screwed up threads, my luck they would fall off anyway LOL. Thanks for the help...Is it me or does the truck pull real hard above 3500 rpm now....
not a prob, glad i could help, the big trick to it is letting the comp reset.:thumbup:

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
can i do this to my 93? if not, why not?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darrell,

Not sure wether the 93's have the restrictor or not. If it does I see no reason why you couldn't. Some people have said that it can hurt the performance of the truck but according to my 2 dynojet runs, It was worth an average of 5 horse from approx 3500 - 5400 rpm. Not bad for the time or the money invested... Any questions PM me back. Bobby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts