S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some underdrive pulleys on summit and seems like I’d get some good power out of it. However I’ve read that it will give you charging issues and some say it won’t affect anything as long as it’s nothing too crazy. I also saw a thread that mentioned everything from the kit they got to the belts. I’ll go find that thread again and see if it’s my 01 4.3 but I’m not sure if it’s a good choice or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you can do your work I suggest installing an electric fan as the fan takes about 5 horse power at high speed
Connect it so it runs when the AC is turned on
Now if you want high speed cooling have a switch to switch off the AC and turn the fan on so you can run the fan

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
151 Posts
I found some underdrive pulleys on summit and seems like I’d get some good power out of it. However I’ve read that it will give you charging issues and some say it won’t affect anything as long as it’s nothing too crazy. I also saw a thread that mentioned everything from the kit they got to the belts. I’ll go find that thread again and see if it’s my 01 4.3 but I’m not sure if it’s a good choice or not.
Underdrive pulleys can and will help, but i wouldnt say they would make all that much of a difference by themselves. If you do efan, cold air, exhaust, and underdrive though you would have a noticeable difference in power.

Reactions: KingJJT
1 - 3 of 3 Posts