S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Yeah, i check that site out on a regular basis, just to keep my spirits up... :D

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
ConnecticutX said:
Why do all the fast 4 cylinders have to be in cars?:cry:
I'll tell ya why... it's because the American truck makers have ****ty 4 cylinders to work with. I have yet to see an American made 4banger(non-turbo) that even comes close to what Japan puts out. AND, We have very little power.. around 100HP(pathetic), so naturally you think, "that's ok, we get much better gas milage." WRONG!!! I know I get awful gas milage!! I'm extremely lucky if i even get close to 300miles on a tank... my brother's 4.0L I6 Jeep gets better gas milage than me! Something is very wrong here... the new Acura RSX pushes out 200HP... come on USA!!!! Get your SH!T together!!!:rolleyes:

ahhh.... feels good to vent a little! I need a turbo 6... Sy/Ty!!!! :D

·
Med School member
179 Posts
I'll just stick to the Amen

you think one of those turbo driven 2.2s would bolt in? lol

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indigo99LS said:

I'll tell ya why... it's because the American truck makers have ****ty 4 cylinders to work with. I have yet to see an American made 4banger(non-turbo) that even comes close to what Japan puts out. AND, We have very little power.. around 100HP(pathetic), so naturally you think, "that's ok, we get much better gas milage." WRONG!!! I know I get awful gas milage!! I'm extremely lucky if i even get close to 300miles on a tank... my brother's 4.0L I6 Jeep gets better gas milage than me! Something is very wrong here... the new Acura RSX pushes out 200HP... come on USA!!!! Get your SH!T together!!!:rolleyes:

ahhh.... feels good to vent a little! I need a turbo 6... Sy/Ty!!!! :D

Speakin' the truth....Amen brotha'

I know what you mean about ****ty gas mileage (about 350 per tank) Chevy shouldnt have put 4 bangers in there trucks anyways. For one if you buy an S-10 for a work truck, you need power to haul. Two if you have an Xtreme how Extreme is it with a 4 banger? But if they had to put 4bangers in them, at least put the 150hp DOHC one in. Come on GM wake up! :bash: :idea:

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
thank ya brothers... :D

It'd be a fun swap... but i know that turbo 2.2 is transversely mounted... so you'd be looking at a lot of custom work! Man! I'd love to have a 4banger that could roast an 8... HEHEHE!!!

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
well no fear fellas, they are coming out with a turbo for our 2.2 trucks, should be out already, but the guy hasn't called so he must still be working on it.........

·
Med School member
179 Posts
whos your buddy? Is it a MFG company, or just a custom fab job?

I'm interested!

·
Med School member
179 Posts
thats what I wanted to hear!!

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
ConnecticutX said:
I dont know, You still have to put a ton of $ to get the results that a 4.3 can get with little $
yes we know, but we made that desision when we drove off with the 2.2,

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Weasel said:

yes we know, but we made that desision when we drove off with the 2.2,
thats right........plus it was the only black sportside ex cab 5 spd in a 2 state radius

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm happy with my truck, just saying that they should have put more power in them, as soon as I saw my truck on the lot I wanted it right then and there. So oh well

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Well I didn't make the decision to buy the 4banger... my credit & bank account did... :( :cry:

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
I got mine when I graduated high school, my parents took me to a dealership in town said "were givin you 4 gand, you cover the rest" I had two trucks to chose from, a white base model longbed that I think had the 4.3 or a black ls w/4000 miles on it for $1000 more than the white base model, I chose the LS.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts