S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. so i have a new problem now.. i was driving and i had to go in somewheres real quick, so i just put it in park and left the truck running.. as soon as i did that the truck starting revving up higher and higher and stuck at 3000rpm, no matter if i pushed the pedal down real quick, put it in gear or whatever, it would stay.. so i shut the truck off, and went inside and came back and started it and it went right to 3000rpm and stayed.. i messed with it for a bit and said **** it and put it in 1st and it started to idle down slower and slower and finally stopped at about 800rpm's like it normally would, so i drove it in the lot for a second and shut it off and started it and now its acting totally fine.. everything seemed fine with the throttle crap under the hood.. maybe its a vacuum leak? how do i go about checking for a vacuum leak? pics would be GREATLY appreciated..

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.. so today i went today i got up and started the truck and it did fine all day til about an hour ago.. i was driving stopped at a stop sign and it shot up to 3500rpm and stayed.. so i put it in nuetral and it went down to about 1500rpm.. and i pressed the brake down, and the truck started to bog i guess you could say.. i put in reverse, let off the brake and the truck literally would go by itself at about 2000rpm til i stopped it.. it does this in ALL gears.. it will go by itself even if i dont put the accelerator down... im not sure if maybe my throttle is stuck or what? i pushed on it and it opened and when it was open all the way i heard some clanking sound when i opened it up over and over.. like something is lose or some crap.. (i wish i was mechanically inclined).. my father in law says it sounds like a fuel sensor or something, but i dont really know.. i shut the truck off for about 5 mins, and it started up just fine and drove home just fine.. so it doesnt do this Everytime, but i cant drive the truck like this because my motor will overheat and blow real quick like.. what do you guys think?

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i cleaned the IAC and the other little thing by it.. cleaned the throttle with carb cleaner inside and out, and the valve and the other thing with Lectro2020 where they connect, and the cleaned the IAC's little black ball thing with carb cleaner.. it ran good for about a minute and then became sluggish all over.. so.. not sure what to think..

·
Banned
150 Posts
well not sure if it's the same thing that happened to mine a while back, buti pulled in to get gas one night and when i cranked it back up it idled real high too, no matter what i did. it was that half moon thing on the bottom of my flap in the throttle body. i removed it and ran great ever since.come to find out that was the throttle body mod everyone was talkin about. so try removing that and see if it helps.:D

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i remove it, do i need to do anything else? or just take it out and that is it? wouldnt this be a bad idea and allow unwanted things in or what?

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MAJOR UPDATE.. ok i went to Autozone and had them put their diagnostics tool on it.. before no ones machine would read because my ECU harness got ate up by my tire rubbing it.. so i had put all the wires back together and it ran like a dream.. well it read this time and i got ALOT of codes.. long story short, it may be my wiring again, but here are the codes:
--------------------------
here are the codes and the definition it gives with it:

P0758:
tranny stuck in 4th
2-3 shift solenoid valve performance
shift solenoid malfunction
2-3 shift solenoid (ss) fault
shift solenoid b electrical malfuction ssvsl2
shift solenoid b malfunction
shift solenoid b malfunction fault
shift solenoid b circuit fault
shift solenoid 2 circuit condition
-----------------------------------------

P1406:
heated catalyst internal control module
EGR
EGR valvle pintle position circuit
EGR temp. sensor signal range performance
DPFE sensor downstream hose off or plugged
------------------------------------------

P1806:
ICC solenoid valve circuit fault
ICC PWM solenoid electrical/circuit fault
---------------------------------------

P1864:
TCC enable solenoid electrical fault
DATA bus powertrain missing message, from adr control module
------------------------------------------------------------

P1886:
automatic transaxle concern
3-2 shift solenoid valve assembly circuit electrical fault
----------------------------------------------------

P0102:
MAP/MAF
---------

P0340:
cam sensor condition
--------------------

P0753:
shift solenoid 1 performance condition
3-4 shift solenoid relay condition
shift solenoid A electrical

then it says " the pcm has detected a short to ground, a short to battery, or an open air circuit condition in the electrical circuit for the shift solenoid "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

P0122:
"the pcm has determined that the input from the throttle position sensor is lower than the expected current engine operating conditions"

tp sensor
---------------

ok. so.. as i said.. its very possible its the wiring again.. i thought i secured all the wires, but maybe not.. so im about to go tackle that!

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as i suspected... it was a wiring problem.. there was a wire in half, and i put it back together and it drove fine again, and went to Autozone and showed 0 codes and said "pass".. thanks guys..

but.. where can i find a ECU harness? surely a junkyard but does anyone have one laying around... my truck is a 96' 4.3 vortec..

·
Registered
50 Posts
as i suspected... it was a wiring problem.. there was a wire in half, and i put it back together and it drove fine again, and went to Autozone and showed 0 codes and said "pass".. thanks guys..

but.. where can i find a ECU harness? surely a junkyard but does anyone have one laying around... my truck is a 96' 4.3 vortec..
so what was the problem? what wire?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i had the same problum about 3 weeks ago and come to find out on mine it was my acceleration sensor wasn't reading at all so it just stuck at 4000rpm but yea thought i would just throw that up in the there

·
Registered
59 Posts
i had the same problum about 3 weeks ago and come to find out on mine it was my acceleration sensor wasn't reading at all so it just stuck at 4000rpm but yea thought i would just throw that up in the there
how did you fix your problem because im have the same problem right now and ive searched threwout the whole car and everything seems to be in place an fine, but my gages are all stuck and seem not to work when i turn on the car

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had this problem before on a 96 2.2, it was a vacum leak between the intake and the brake booster, thats where i would check is the vacum lines...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts