S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much has ya'lls hoods been off when you put it on? i just put mine on after almost 4 months of having it in storage. it's off by a little less than a 1/4 inch on the passenger side at the bracket. it sits up that high. has anyone ever grinded down the welds at the brackets and rewelded them to make them sit right? i think on the drivers side it bulges up just a tad in the middle and on the ends it lines up fine.

should i just contact goodmark back and say i've got problems with it lining up even if it is almost 4 months later? it hasn't been painted or anything, just been sitting in the box i got it in.

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
I would contact them. If they choose not to cooperate, have a good body shop look at it to see if it can be fixed.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the bracket on the passenger side seems like it was welded lower than the one on the drivers side. if that was moved up then i'd only have to worry about the slight bow on the drivers side where it comes up around the middle.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My goodmark sits level i just have a slightly bigger gap between passenger 1/4 panel and hood. Don't know if this is the problem your having but check the hood latch and make sure its installed right and latches straight. if it's slightly crooked it could cause the hood to be skewed when closed.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
mine sits VERY SLIGHTLY higher on the passenger side, everything else is perfect. I haven't tried to adjust it I just bolted it on.....once the front end gets painted I'm going to have to adjust it or else it would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
525 Posts
SummerWolf said:
mine sits VERY SLIGHTLY higher on the passenger side, everything else is perfect. I haven't tried to adjust it I just bolted it on.....once the front end gets painted I'm going to have to adjust it or else it would drive me nuts.
The hood I bought through the group purchase on here last august has the same exact problems.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine sits significantly higher on the passenger side. it looks like the hinge is welded lower on the pass side than the drivers. so it sits about a 1/4" higher. it's definitely noticeable. i emailed goodmark but no reply yet. i might give them a call a little later.

·
Registered
575 Posts
maybe try drilling the top of the hole some and that will help it sit a lil lower, i have the same problem, it sit slightly hagher on the passenger side all the way down the hood!

·
Registered
155 Posts
when i first got mine and put it on it was off by about 1/4".. did you check how it sits on the foam stopper things. that was my problem.. i moved them over a little bit and it settled down and fits perfectly now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
shefsdime94 said:
when i first got mine and put it on it was off by about 1/4".. did you check how it sits on the foam stopper things. that was my problem.. i moved them over a little bit and it settled down and fits perfectly now.
do you mean the stoppers at the front of the hood that screw in and out ?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's by the hinge up by the windshield. only way to fix it is to grind the welds, reposition the bracket, and reweld.

all is good though. i called matts classic bowties, where we got the gp at, and talked to matt. he said he'd call goodmark so i could exchange the hood, just to let him know when i do it. great bunch out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts