S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this kit and was looking through the install manual and have a few questions. I see where the blowoff valve goes but am wondering where the small line connects to. second is it ok if i use my stock maf? also what exhaust setup are some of you runnin with this kit.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
If your talking about the vacuum line thats coming off the blowoff, you tap that into your vacuum system same as the FMU. Make really good connections tho and use zip ties so your getting good vacuum to the FMU. That was my first problem. You can use your stock MAF, that wont be a problem. I am running edelbrock TES headers and Y-pipe, and a 3" catback with a prostreet muffler.

~jim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the answer i was looking for. Just one last question. when installing the inline fuel pump it says to run the red wire from the relay, up the power lugs at the fuse relay center, under the hood. the red wire should be fused using the supplied fuse holder at the power lug. what is the power lug?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Depends on what year of truck you have. The 96-97 trucks dont have a fuseblock on that side so I had to run a seperate power wire over to the battery. If you have the 98+ trucks, Im sure there is a place to tap into in that fuse block but im not sure where its at. Someone with a 98 will need to answer that.

~jim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok yea i know what your talkin about now. theres a thick wired + that leads to the box that i tap into.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i forgot one thing. in the parts list it shows a procharger maf massager, this is a electronic clamp so the high maf dtc is not thrown. where exactly does this go because i dont even think i have it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It stops the PCM from setting of your SES light when too much air flows through the MAF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts