S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, If this has been posted before, then I'm sorry.
I want to lower my truck 3-4". But the problem is I don't have a lot of money to do it. There are so many kits on eBay that can do it for cheap...chassis tech, spring tech, etc. SO my question is, are these cheap kits worth it? I know Belltech, DJM is the best, but I just can't afford it now. Has anyone had any really bad experience with the cheaper kits?? Are they really as bad as some people say?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The good kits are really cheaper in most cases , you can get 3 in Belltech springs for under $100 and blocks are cheap as hell ... If it does cost more , will not be more than $15 or $20 more to get the good stuff , so spend a little extra

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
go to summt im getting 3" summit drop springs, and 3" angled belltech blocks for 112 shiped, i mgiht just buy this guys blocks off this stie tho but thats cheaper then the spring tech

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
it doesnt matter if they have summit and bell tech for cheaper, but there not good

·
I need a job, No one hire
365 Posts
springtech is good, they been around for a while.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ShineyBlackDime said:
I'm talking about Spring tech and chassis tech parts, are those not even worth considering?
i did a 3"-4" drop and i used groundforce springs and belltech struts, still need bell tech spindles, but everly thing works awesome anf the rides nice!! i had i civic right b4 this truck and i lowered that and that ran me about $2200 and still didnt ride better then the truck with the ZQ8 package too

Spring/blocks/hardware=$115
struts=$ 30 a corner

·
murse
13,200 Posts
ShineyBlackDime said:
...chassis tech
bah!!! that should tell you right there not to buy it. shAIM! i have always beleived that in the custom truck biz, you get wut you pay for. i'd just save up some money and do it the best way you can.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ExtremeMASS said:
i did a 3"-4" drop and i used groundforce springs and belltech struts, still need bell tech spindles, but everly thing works awesome anf the rides nice!! i had i civic right b4 this truck and i lowered that and that ran me about $2200 and still didnt ride better then the truck with the ZQ8 package too

Spring/blocks/hardware=$115
struts=$ 30 a corner
$2200?? That seems like a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
he prolly used coilovers and all that those are really expensive

·
BLACK DEATH
1,003 Posts
I use springtech stuff to lower my own and others trucks, the only part I won't use of there is there spindles, but for blocks, I won't use anything but spring/chassis tech, much better then belltech's junk blocks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PYRO319 said:
I use springtech stuff to lower my own and others trucks, the only part I won't use of there is there spindles, but for blocks, I won't use anything but spring/chassis tech, much better then belltech's junk blocks
Why do you say Belltech is junk? They don't even make 4 inch ones do they? Anyway has anyone else used spring tech?

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
ShineyBlackDime said:
Why do you say Belltech is junk? They don't even make 4 inch ones do they? Anyway has anyone else used spring tech?
he's talking out his ass is why. My whole 5/6 drop is belltech and I love it. not to mention I spent MAYBE $700 on the drop and that includes the new set of tires I had to get to keep from rubbing. Trust me, save your money up a littl e bit more and pay the extra $20 or $30. The belltech spindles are hella beefy,.. just the two spindles alone wiegh about 33 pounds. Their springs ride VERY smoothly,... rides better than stock in my opinion, especially if you get drop shocks (I got Nitro Drop shocks). As for belltech's blocks being crap? He is very wrong. Belltech makes their blocks from Die-cast Aluminum and come with all of the hardware you need.

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
BellTech blocks are extruded aluminum...not die cast...the die cast ones you have to look out for...they develop intergranular corrosion and crack a lot.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
belltech is way better then spring tech, period!

·
BLACK DEATH
1,003 Posts
ShineyBlackDime said:
because there blocks are weak and break, therefore there junk. I have yet to see anyone bust the springtech blocks. Personally I've had 3 sets of belltech's, 2 sets cracked and were ready to fall apart, and the pins sheared off on the 3rd set, not to mention all the others that have had the same problem with there blocks. The only thing I wouldn't use again from belltech is there blocks, I won't use any other spindles but belltech, but there's nothing wrong with springtech's springs and are an inexpensive alternative to paying for the name on the box (belltech) when it comes to springs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts