S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does every body think of Thomas 337. Will to thomas 337 fill a 12 gallon tank? With out damaging or over working the comps.
 

·
NuLowz Customs
Joined
·
739 Posts
im not too sure about the thomas compressors I would get on their webpage and check... For twelve gallons I know two 450's will fill it but one will burn up... check the ratings on them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
it will fill a 12 gallong tank but will tank forever and u will drastically shorten the life of the compressor by doing so...if running a 12 gallon tank i would reccomend at least 2 and by at least 2 i mean 3 is optimal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,733 Posts
I beleive he asked if two would fill it, however, he spelled it 'to', so it is misleading.

Two will fill it fine, but I'm not sure on the stats on the 337's. I don't know anyone that's owned them long enough. Anyone that has one and is willing to do some 0-145 and 110-145 on 5 and 12 gallon tanks, please do so. I need the info as well.
 

·
NuLowz Customs
Joined
·
739 Posts
The specs are as follows:
CFM: .96 @ 0psi
Amps Draw: 20 Max
HP: 1/5
Duty Cycle: 33%

These are all the specs I could find... doubt this helps out but maybe yall want them or have them
 

·
Body Draggin Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
Yeah the 337 is what I have and it does pretty good. It takes it about 6 minutes to fill my 7 gallon tank to 120, and then about a minute to get it to 150. Overall it is doing pretty good for me, but I would rather have a 100% duty that way I don't have to worry about overheating it. I am getting another one for Christmas though, so I should get more playtime out of my bags without the worry.
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
SlammedDime said:
I beleive he asked if two would fill it, however, he spelled it 'to', so it is misleading.

Two will fill it fine, but I'm not sure on the stats on the 337's. I don't know anyone that's owned them long enough. Anyone that has one and is willing to do some 0-145 and 110-145 on 5 and 12 gallon tanks, please do so. I need the info as well.
yeah once i re-read it i saw it...but yeah id honestly stay with 2 5 gallon tanks and 2 comps...and the 337 is not 33% duty cycle like slammed said...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Hey!!

slamd98s said:
im not too sure about the thomas compressors I would get on their webpage and check... For twelve gallons I know two 450's will fill it but one will burn up... check the ratings on them?
Hey, I thought that Viair 450's are 100% duty....so why would it burn up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,733 Posts
Re: Hey!!

SittinFrame said:
Hey, I thought that Viair 450's are 100% duty....so why would it burn up?
The longer a compressor stays at a particular pressure, the harder it has to work to push air. When you are filling 12 gallons of air to 150 PSI, compared to 5 gallons of air, the compressor is having to work harder to put out air at each particular PSI level.

I'm trying to think of a good way to explain this, and I dont' know if what I just typed did the job. Some of you may understand it, others may not. Oh well. lol.

The only way I can better think to explain it is this...

The compressors Free Flow rate at 0 PSI is 1.66 CFM. At that rate, it could pump all day and not have a problem. When you get up to 140 PSI, the CFM is .76, and if you have 12 gallons of air, compared to 5 gallons of air, it will have to pump LONGER at .76 CFM, and that is BAD, as the compressor will burn up over time from working so hard.
 

·
can i video tape you?
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
two 337's will werk fine on a 12 gallon tank & they will be noticably faster then two 450's also...I would run 2 five gallons tho cause 10 gallons is plenty of play time for normal driving conditions and it will fill faster.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top