S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a list to build a motor ready to drop in and so far my list has come up to around $3500 for a drop in ready deal does that sound right? Here is what i got so far

Keith black flat top pistons

Summit racing crank , rods , bearings , rings , high flow oil pump and timing set

Dart heads , intake and valve covers

cam

Dist.

water pump

alternator

Misc. gaskets , lube etc...

I have built engines in the past but pretty much just replaced stock part until it was done... I'm wanting to get in the 350 to 400hp range any tips or advice on better parts or cheaper parts would be healpful.. im wanting it to be a good solid stout street engine

·
9" strait pipes...
2,929 Posts
I'm putting together a list to build a motor ready to drop in and so far my list has come up to around $3500 for a drop in ready deal does that sound right? Here is what i got so far

Keith black flat top pistons

Summit racing crank , rods , bearings , rings , high flow oil pump and timing set

Dart heads , intake and valve covers

cam

Dist.

water pump

alternator

Misc. gaskets , lube etc...

I have built engines in the past but pretty much just replaced stock part until it was done... I'm wanting to get in the 350 to 400hp range any tips or advice on better parts or cheaper parts would be healpful.. im wanting it to be a good solid stout street engine

how can we answer any of your questions without specifics?

what cam
what heads
which intake etc

for less than $3500 you can get a gm crate motor with a warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts