S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first thing i know abosoultly nothing about painting my truck(i could do it mabye but it would look like a 3 grader tried to finger paint it) but i know the racing stripes are basicly gaint stickers and i was wondering if you can just simply buy these?? or would it be cheaper to have some painted?? any advice would be of great help (and if i can buy them i could put them on myself but do they have to be clear coat over them??):sheep:

·
Mini Truckin' = Lifestyle
385 Posts
get some custom ones painted on......not just plain stripes either....something cool. Or just stick some average one on if that is what you want and you can clear over them...I wouldn't because if you ever not want them you would have to repaint and it would be a pain. I don't like racing stripes just my 2 cents

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking about doing black racing strips with ghost flames inside or i was thinking of doing one big stripe like a grand sport and then get the fender badge hell i don't know what do you guys think that would look like(either of them)?

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i forgot to add if i was doing a grandsport stripe it would definetly be white

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
Stckers will prolly run 150 or so for the dual stripes - probably the same for the single. I would look into getting some air brushed on...

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok it's offical i'm doing the grand sport stripe and fender badges...one rolled up to me at a stop light and the guy was cool enough to pull over and talk to me and i spent about 15 mins drooling all over his car but ah well dose anyone know the atcul width of that stripe(i didn't have anything to measure with when i was talkin to him) i do have another ? about colors too one the big bad boy grand sports(like this one) the whole car is blue and the stripe is white and the fender badges are red...do you guys think i should go with the whole red white and blue thing with a white stripe and dark blue fender badges. i don't really know cause i have a feeling most people wouldn't get that but i think it would look reallyyyyyy good!!! anywho heres a site so you guys know what it looks like and the colors that i'm talkin about http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/gs383/

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way my truck is the bright red

·
Registered
125 Posts
go with a bright yellow stripe it looks good on red if you want I could hook you up I run a vinyl shop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts