S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a belltech kit 2" spindles and 3" blocks and 4 nitro drop shocks for 382.72 shipped to me for 410.72
gotta dd 60 for alignment and that puts me in at 470.72....what you guys think....I am going to do it...got 350 put away...gott await a little longer....I should be able to put spindles on pretty easy and blocks are pretty easy right?
shouldnt have any problem with bell tech will I?
everyone seems to love them.....

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
i did a 6/4 on my 89 S15, but the back end sits to high, and I cant take it down any lower without doin a notch, and for lowering, i wouldn't go with anything but belltech!!!! =) but id say at least bring the bed level with the front =) *babbling* heh

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
whosxtreme said:
I found a belltech kit 2" spindles and 3" blocks and 4 nitro drop shocks for 382.72 shipped to me for 410.72
gotta dd 60 for alignment and that puts me in at 470.72....what you guys think....I am going to do it...got 350 put away...gott await a little longer....I should be able to put spindles on pretty easy and blocks are pretty easy right?
shouldnt have any problem with bell tech will I?
everyone seems to love them.....
not sure who your going through but check out www.summitracing.com
spindles $149.99 pr
blocks $25.99 pr
shocks $36.99 ea
all belltech

since you have a xtreme you should be at total drop of about 3.5/4.5 with that set up.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
dude, save your money on shocks, the ZQ8 shocks on your xtreme are just fine, hell i use my ZQ8 shocks with 3 inch drop springs up front and it rides great!:thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks guys you saved me about 80 bucks....thats crazy....didnt get much response on my other posts...but I am glad you guys chimed in on this one....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys that bumpstop bracket removal seems like a little more than I can do in my parking lot....would It be better than nothing to cut off the bumpstop its self, or does the axel sit on the bumpstop when lowered?.....the nitrogen nitro drop shocks I got should keep it from moving as much correct?(take more or the impact in a shorter distance)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go with the Belltech spindles & blocks from Summit or Jegs, You dont NEED the shocks, your ZQ8 shocks will work fine, I have them on mine. Be sure to cut out the rear bumpstop brackets, and use a angled block, or pinion shims. Also, I cut the brackets off with a sawzall, it takes time, but isnt hard to do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys when you swap out spindles do you have to repack the bearings, or atleast pack it as much as you can when they are in the rotor? what grease will mix with the factory........

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ahh i wouldnt recommend more the a 2/3 drop on an x if its your everyday driver unless you get smaller tires with the stock wheels...mine rubs all the time even after i cut the inner fender back some....ya u have to repack the bearings an i think grease is grease...i dunno though but i do have a question i want to cut the bumps and brackets off the rear is there any other clearance issues in the back like brake lines hop shock or exhaust?!?! thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts