S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick fyi, to any one putting off changing there fuel filter. DO IT NOW.:eek:
i just got done doing mine and the performance of my tu tu is so much better now. its a cheap essay fix for sure. this will show you just how to do it http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f105/how-to-replace-fuel-filter-437201/
i had the same fuel filter on there for i think it was 110,000 miles (the owner before me never changed it) and it was very very dirty.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine was mostly water in it but it had tones of little rust and dirt specks in it. but yeah rust colored gas is no bueno lol changing under wear.

·
Ford guy stuck w/ chebby
3,117 Posts
bolts loose was kind a bitch, only 1 though. The other are two plastic tabs (white) you have to pinch and pull the black factory plastic piece off of. I couldn't tell you the sizes.. mine were so rusty that I had to figure it out. I did it at around 1:30am after I finally got my header in.. I was tired. I started to take pics to do a write up and then said fugg it. It is not hard, expect to smell like gas though.

·
Compliance!
5,151 Posts
yep just pinch and pull. I used any 2 wrenches for the other end. one to hold the filter nut and the other to unscrew the fuel line. you can relieve pressure by pressing the purge/schrader valve under the hood on 4.3s
edit- this is tutu material sorry. I told you! gotta change my underwear...

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
i removed and did away with mine over a year ago.

no issues, runs awesome always

inside of tank is spotless

ive owned alot of vehicles where ive done away with the fuel filter, i did it on all my carbed trucks and caprices and such back in the day when i owned alot of them when they were common and all over the place for cheap.

never any problems from it

have fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts