S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wtf: Does anyone else have a problem with their third brake light? I tried to locate a fuse for it but couldn't find any. I also tried like 4 sets of good bulbs up there. I'm afraid I will have to tear my headliner out and check the connection. Is there an easier way to find the problem????? Or does anyone else have similar problems?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah... mine has problems sometimes, I just hit it and it works for a while again... I don't really care, I'm putting LED's in there in a couple of days. But if yours it the same problem as mine, it is getting power back there, but the rivets are corroded and don't make contact w/ the clip that holds the light. I would take a multimeter and check the voltage at the rivet on the bottom coming through the cab, and then check it at the clip that holds the light bulb.

DogP

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope its still covered by the warranty. I put bulbs covered with engine enamel spray paint and a clear lense over it. Does this neccesarily void the warranty? THe man at the dealership told me not to worry about it he has it covered. I hope this is the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts