S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok kids, listen closely!!! Hah, I always see someone wanting to gut their cat for performance reasons, well, cool! BUT! Instead of gutting the damn thing, redering it basically useless, and now have emission problems....spend like 30 bucks and buy ball joint flanges on each side of the cat. Then, do the same with an equal length pipe, that my friends is called a test pipe, or off-road pipe.

THAT WAY, you want performance? Put the test pipe on, need ta do emissions? Or maybe you end up not liking the way it sounds? Stick the cat back in there. Simple, cheap, and SMART! Just had to say that.....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yea but what if you have that straight peice of pipe on and you get pulled over and they decide to look.

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
SlammedX01 said:
Yea but what if you have that straight peice of pipe on and you get pulled over and they decide to look.

Tell 'em if they're skinny enough to get under it be my guest

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You tell em you are going home from the drag strip. I did it with my Z...

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
you would have to really piss a cop off for him to want to pull that shit, and he would have to know the specifics of sdimes and be mechanicaly inclined enough to do that, and yet again, the clearance issue, i know i cant fit my head underneath the side of my truck.

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even IF he does care enough, he'll give you a ticket. Then, go home put the cat back in, take it to the muffler man and have him see its on and take that to court....somthin like that....

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
haha...i love my hick Oklahoma, we don't have emissions tests or even car inspections any more. I had a friend with a 87 turbo Z with a straight pipe out the back, no muffler, no tip, no anything and the cops never said anything when he would get pulled over. Happend MANY times.

·
Goin` no where fast!
445 Posts
move to alabama we don't have any emission laws either...hell 99% of trucks here have are running straight pipes

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Weld the cat heat sheild to the pipe..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts