S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotta get it repainted anyway, so I was thinking about using some fiberglass to fill the slots where the strips are. Think I'll just end up f*cking it up?

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
loyalty said:
I've gotta get it repainted anyway, so I was thinking about using some fiberglass to fill the slots where the strips are. Think I'll just end up f*cking it up?
hmm..dunno man...what color truck is it on???

buddy has one on a pewter noma, even with the chrome strips, looks sweet...

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's white, but i don't think the chrome strips will go well with a cat eye grille shell. I've been working on the bumper on and off all morning, and i think the channels are too big to fill with 'glass.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
dam dude...i would just get it repainted, and not fill the channels in..then again...i would fill them in, to create a clean, smooth look....

and anything can be done.....:D:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
if all else fails try hitting up an aftermarket dealer, i got an s10 and i had silver stripes all over my truck, i peeled them all off and anything else like the corners and bumber i got parts without any stripes on them all for under 80. so you might want to try an aftermarket place and get a new bumber from them. but try that paint first, it might work, you'll never know until you try. haha now that i think about it, your truck is white and most parts from an aftermarket place are black so you'd end up painting it anyway, but it is still one option

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so you think i should just have the strips repainted when i take it in or try to shave 'em?

·
Registered
224 Posts
NO!!!

Don't use fiberglass, its not compatable. What I do is go to the yard and get another bumper, cut filler strips that fit, and then I use a "plastic welding" kit toattatch them. It is basically a super glue, with a sprayon accelerator. Then a company called SEM makes urethane repair material, use this to smoth out your work. Then just prime, blocksand, prime, blocksand and paint.

Ive tried using glass on a caprice bumper before, and it fell right out!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts