S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
98 Noma ZQ8
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how to help make my system thieve proof. my old system got jacked out of my car, and it had an alarm, it went off but they just popped the hood and ripped it off. in my opinion locks and alarms are only for honest people, but do you have any other ideas? also, what is the 'best' alarm to keep thieves out.
man, i hate thieves.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
you wanna keep thieves out...don't get a system. if they want what you have they will take it. tint your windows, get special screws that you need a certain tool for, hide your system as best you can and don't bump it around where you work, live, are gonna go shopping, etc. don't ask for trouble, no huge car audio banners, etc. there is no reasonable way to keep people out, you just do the best you can.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Best ways to keep your stuff your stuff.

Don't bump around with the windows down unless you are just passing through an area far away for where your truck will never sit.

Don't put big logo banners all over your truck

Don't have a big showy install that anyone can see by looking in the windows

Don't have an install that anyone can see, stealth is good

Drive a stock looking vehicle, if you have rims, tint, a drop, billet grill, etc.., then people are going to expect you to have money in the stereo as well.

Don't brag about your awesome equipment to every one you see. Word travels very fast through groups of friends.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Louder is better: add more sirens. Put your alarm module in an unconventional place such as your passenger side dash speaker hole and add mini piezo sirens inside your cab too. Put one in each dash speaker hole and I don't think ANYONE could stand to be in the cab for more than 10 seconds. Windon tint is good! I am about to get my windows tinted to 5%. Don't bump where you live. Install a back-up battery for your alarm so even if they cut the power under the hood then the alarm is still going off. Make a back strap for your CD player and bolt it down to a metal bracket in the dash. Detach your CD player and TAKE IT WITH YOU! Bolt your box to the floor of the truck.

·
Purple Member
919 Posts
Hey i was looking into this awhile back and there are sirens that run off the car battery but also run off a sperate battery inside the siren if the power gets cut. They are like $30 and you have to have a special key to turn them off. If you stashed one of them up in your dash pretty good i don't think people are gonna stay around long and especially if you spend a little more and give them a few blaring sirens. Check ebay if your interested

Ty

·
Registered
37 Posts
add a perimeter/microwave sensor-by haveing one of these installed it will give a warn away chirp when onyone is too close to the vehicle,if the glass is broken and someone tries to climb in to avoid opening the door the sensor will detect any movement in the air inside the the vehicle-most people have this type sensor installed in convertibles for when the top is down. have the hood trigger pin switch installed in the area of the battery in case someone tries to bend the hood back to disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
tint the windows , use one way screws , and in the dash for the deck put a row of razor blades the flat ones on top and bottom of the metal bracket then when they try to grab it they will cut themselves works great , and get a good alarm before you even buy your first piece of gear ,

·
Registered
123 Posts
You might also think about shaving your door handles cause they are a prime spot to break into the truck. It only takes a standard screwdriver and they can break the handle and reach into the door and open it.

·
98 Noma ZQ8
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, those are all awesome ideas. i don't have any banners or stickers showing off my stuff, and i don't brag to ppl about what i have. i'm not sure if i want to tint my windows or not, maybe just the rear 3. (ext. cab) i'm definatly going to spend some $$ on an alarm, mybe one of those 2 way pager ones, can't remember what their called.
and i try not to bump where i live or play, but its hard sometimes, i love listening to my system.
anyway, thanks again for the ideas

·
i like caffeine
207 Posts
mainly the best way to keep your shit from being stolen is to just be responsible. i try and keep my mouth shut when other people brag about their equip and the "deal" they got on everyhing. make sure you lock your doors, park in the best location possible (well lit and decent traffic/pedestrian flow), and set your alarm everytime you get out of your vehicle.
locking your doors is half the battle, dont just hand your stuff to the theives.

best of luck
kevin

·
Registered
5 Posts
MetroGT is right on the money. Shaving handles is a must!!! I went into home depot for 15 mins and came out to both my door handles pryed open with screw drivers. Not only did the get my system, messed up both doors too. Horrible design by chevy on the lock/handle mech. Shaved mine 2 weeks later. All of this happened around dusk, parked about 6-8 spots from the front door of home depot. Didnt even have stereo loud on the way there. Theives got big balls and no respect for anyone. They probably got a $30 bag of crack for my whole system. Shaved and maybe be Saved!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Shaving the handles doesnt really help. Some one took my back window gasket out, so i tried it. You can take the back window out in like 10 seconds with a flat head screw driver.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you try to bolt down your head unit theives will just destroy your dash to get it out and costing u lots to repair that. I would put loud ass sierns in the cab. I want to figure out how to like connect a tazer to part of the head unit so if they touch it bam shocked but heard u can get introuble with that law with that which i think is bull shit. Cause if the theive gets hurt he can sue u. BUt i dunno what the chances of him doing that in the 1st place cause what you gonna say to judge oh i was just borrowing the cd player.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could also secure everything with security screws: http://www.securityscrews.com/
Also, secure it so they can't simply rip it out with a crowbar.
Unfortunately, if a theif can't get it out, they'll usually destroy it, like taking a screwdriver to a speaker or rip apart your dash like juggalotim mentioned. Adding some loud sirens and horns could really help. I can't remember the site, but there were some that were really small and you couldn't locate them by there sound, you had to visually see them.

Bill

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
if somebody wants your stuff they are going to get it. bolt stuff down is good, alarm club and stuff are cool to just keep your ride there, but tinted windows are shady im my opinion because people know you got something to hide. I think a system with tear gas should be rigged up or electocution, theives are pricks they deserve it. whats shaved handles gonna do if you can just break the glass?

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
if you really wanna keep your stuff shave the handels and disarm the pul lever in the truck then the only way to get in the truck is by your remote thats how im doing mine now they can break a window but do they really wanna climb in and out of the truck i dont think so

·
Banned
770 Posts
I have dark tint, use the club, hide my speaker box as best as possbile
by pushing my seats back and putting a window shade in front of it
take my face place OFF every night, no cds in the truck at night when parked

It STILL got broken into, they took nothing, but decided to smash my pass.
window, and make a fokin mess. I saw the fuks doing it, but didnt catch them, before they
hauled ass, my alarm woke me, so thats the most important thing to get is an alarm

like someone said, if your ride is tinted, dropped, has rims, a grille, a hood, like my ride does
people will wanna get into it, it makes me sick

·
2 Slow 2 Pissed
464 Posts
get a silent pager alarm and a GLOCK APC 45 and catch them in the act and you take it from there i also tacked welded razor blade on the back of the head unit you may get it out but your getting butchered at the same time!!! fockin broke ass prick get a job and buy your own shit

1 - 20 of 56 Posts