S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I have been looking ofr a fullsize thats bagged, and some friends told me about one locally at a used car lot. so me and one of the friends went down today to look at it. truck was really nice, 94 sierra, ex cab shortbed, layed out on 20's clean air setup, nice upholstery work, body was all stock except for clear lights and shaved tailgate. needed some little cleanup work here and there and some valvestem seals since it smoked when the salesman first cranked it up. so I said cool I like it, how much? salesman replied "14". I asked $1400? "no 14,000". :eek: I laughed, and so did my friend. the guy looked a little shocked. mind you it was a nice truck, but not anywhere near THAT nice. MAYBE 7-8k range, and I straight up told him that. he said he couldnt go any lowert than 12k. I laughed again, then asked him what kinda trade in he would give me on my BMW. he said it would be about 2000. needless to say I politely declined. dude was kind of a dick and me and my friend were looking it over more while the guy walked away for a minute. he walked back by and said, "hell since your here you wanna wash it for me?". no, bitch, thats your job. but I did offer to polish the underside of the frame for him :haha: . he didnt understand that one, but my friend thought it was great. and I tried taking pics with my phone but the salesman wouldnt let me :wtf:

so here we go: how can I talk this guys down to a reasonable number? I would have NO problem paying 7-8k for it, possibly 9. which from alot of research that is what a truck like that is going for everywhere else. like i said it IS nice, but just not 14k nice. these guys know nothing about air ride or anything (tried telling me there was 7 grand in parts alone in the suspension :rolleyes: ) they just jacked the price way up on it hoping someone will pay it. what kinda tricks or persuasion tactics should I use to get them down to that price range?

cliffs: looked at bagged fulsize at car lot, wanted ridiculous amount, salesman was a prick, want to get the price down to normal range

·
SRH
461 Posts
get the mileage and all the information. Then go to KBB.com (Kelly Blue Book) and print what the vehicle is Blue Booked at. Then take in to him, show him the paper.

Tell him you will buy it cash out right now, but you WILL NOT pay 1 cent over blue book.

He will change his price real quick.

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a good plan. cuz I really like the truck, and I would love to get it. but they are never going to sell it to anyone at that price. from what I hear its already been there about 4 months. so they should be about ready to get rid of it by now

·
SRH
461 Posts
yeah man, just get it blue booked and take it in with you. even if you aint paying cash out, once they realize you ARE interested and know exactly what its REALLY worth, no salesmen on commission is gonna turn you down.

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
Is it notched? There's a drop in price right there for having a modified chassis.

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah. and I was about right on. KBB says truck is valued at $6,785 in excellent stock condition. So with the custom work since it was nicely done, which I know they didnt pay for, and they probably didnt give the guy anything for it since it was customized. so to me if I were to offer them 8k they should be pleased. now I just gotta sell this freaking BMW! lol

searching mautofied now. going to try to find a truck as close to it as possible and print that ad out as well to take with me. just to show them that how much was invested in custom work doesnt automatically tack onto the price

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it notched? There's a drop in price right there for having a modified chassis.
yep, fully layed frame on 20's. wish I could have gotten pics. it was clean, and will be an awesome daily, once I can get them to fart and get their heads out of their asses lol

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha, pics please, how does the guy say u cant take pics? give him a big **** u, then take a bunch of pics and run. haha
I know right? the guy was a real douche. at first my friend opened the door to look in and the dude tripped out and told him not to go in it. we were like umm ok? so he closed the door and i just looked in throught the windsheild (only window I could see through with the tint) and saw how nice it was, and couldn't understand what the dudes deal was. then a couple of minuted later he comes out with the keys and cranks it up. why the hell couldnt we look in the interior before then? I dunno. I think I'm gonna go back and try to piss em off and sell it to me for what its really worth. cuz the area the dealership is in, NO ONE has bagged or lowered trucks. so its like if I dont get it noone else will haha

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will def go back and take pics. just printed out some ads of trucks in VERY similar condition ranging from $7500-9k. basically its white, with all the trim and stuff still on it, shaved talgate with a tag box, roll pan, gmc grille with clear corners and projector healights, chrome bumper, 20" kmc stealths, looked like a kp paralell 4 link, 12 gallon, edc, train horns, fuel cell, flushmount tonneau, 2 tone leather on the seats. really just needs a good cleaning and some wires tidied up and it will be a really nice truck. basically picture this truck in a fleetside: http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100042166.htm

·
Banned
9,778 Posts
like i said... the notch should kill all resale value of the truck. None of that airbag shit is street legal.

·
Dangerous
5,658 Posts
ok, so I have been looking ofr a fullsize thats bagged, and some friends told me about one locally at a used car lot. so me and one of the friends went down today to look at it. truck was really nice, 94 sierra, ex cab shortbed, layed out on 20's clean air setup, nice upholstery work, body was all stock except for clear lights and shaved tailgate. needed some little cleanup work here and there and some valvestem seals since it smoked when the salesman first cranked it up. so I said cool I like it, how much? salesman replied "14". I asked $1400? "no 14,000". :eek: I laughed, and so did my friend. the guy looked a little shocked. mind you it was a nice truck, but not anywhere near THAT nice. MAYBE 7-8k range, and I straight up told him that. he said he couldnt go any lowert than 12k. I laughed again, then asked him what kinda trade in he would give me on my BMW. he said it would be about 2000. needless to say I politely declined. dude was kind of a dick and me and my friend were looking it over more while the guy walked away for a minute. he walked back by and said, "hell since your here you wanna wash it for me?". no, bitch, thats your job. but I did offer to polish the underside of the frame for him :haha: . he didnt understand that one, but my friend thought it was great. and I tried taking pics with my phone but the salesman wouldnt let me :wtf:

so here we go: how can I talk this guys down to a reasonable number? I would have NO problem paying 7-8k for it, possibly 9. which from alot of research that is what a truck like that is going for everywhere else. like i said it IS nice, but just not 14k nice. these guys know nothing about air ride or anything (tried telling me there was 7 grand in parts alone in the suspension :rolleyes: ) they just jacked the price way up on it hoping someone will pay it. what kinda tricks or persuasion tactics should I use to get them down to that price range?

cliffs: looked at bagged fulsize at car lot, wanted ridiculous amount, salesman was a prick, want to get the price down to normal range
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88225

·
Severed Ties Petitioning
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Begginer Mini trucker
107 Posts
Pics man.. I wanna see this.. He can't tell you not to take pictures.. Jsut tell your calling someone and theres a glare on the screen... snap a pic and then act like your talking..

I'd say offer him 7000- 7650 and then explain to him reason why it's not worth has much as he wants..

the notched frame should get him.. and tell him you won't be able to drive it much becasue of the airbag stuff be illegal (lol).. Make up some other shit too..

Is it tinted below legal?.. you could see if that might drop his price some..

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
Yeah, tell him you'll turn him into the authorities for trying to sell an illegal truck, if he still won't budge on the price after you go back with the KBB report! :haha:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts