S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the deal, i have a 180* stat in right now, and it seems as if i have more power when the engine gets up to 210* on hot days when im in trafic. could it be that the 180 stat is making my engine run to rich which then means doggy proformance. i noticed that when it runs at 210* the engine is louder and sounds bad ass. do u think i should put the 210 back in and see if my times increase. my mods are listed below. and i might start getting better gas mileage again (probly very small gain) haha.

thanks guys

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then i guess i have had the wrong therm in there forever because it has always run at 210 exacty scence the day it left the lot......, mabey ill try the 195 and see what happens

·
Make Way for the Bad Guy
821 Posts
You had a 195 (stock), theres no such thing as a 210 thermo. 210 isn't overheating, its just a running temperature.. shouldnt get much higher than that though.

The number tstat just determines at what temperature it opens and the coolant starts to circulate through the engine. With a 180 (or even occasionally with a 160) your engine will still reach 210 on hot days or in traffic.

You could try to change them out and see if your times improve if you'd like.. but thermostats don't make much of a difference in tracktime in the first place. I seriously doubt that your engine runs better when its running hot (yours would be the only one).. I'd stick with the 180.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, ill just leave it and save myself the work and troble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts