S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
E. J.
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's an override code for the TheftLock system, on the factory CD Stereo unit?:rolleyes:

When I bought my '98 Blazer, recently, the security code was already set. I'm afraid if I need to disconnect the battery, for some reason, I won't be able to get the Stereo working again.:cry:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i think your gm dealer can reset it for ya, but it'll cost ya a pretty penny for that!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
did u buy it private or from a dealer....if it was private the previous owner probably still knows it....and if u just recently bought it from a dealer call them and b1tch them out if they wont do it for free

·
E. J.
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geeez...

I see why you call yourself, Cynic. LOL

This wasn't a GM dealer. But, thanks.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Here you go... I think this has the info that you need. I got it from http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5155 - Instructions originally from Tha_Boom.

** Theftlock Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed.

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, write down the next 3 numbers.

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 202107, press the # button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM/FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio.

To remove codes, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

you might have to use diffrent buttons to acomplish this depending on your radio. also if you skrew up the code 3 times you will have to leave it powered up for 1 hour for it to reset. **

I hope this is what you needed.

DogP

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow!!! I just bought my truck from the dealership and am having the same problem... don't know the code. The dealer said he would have the mechanics reset it for me so I would know the code, but they would have to take the stereo out to do it and it would cost $70. But I wouldn't have to pay it, the used car department would pay for it. I will try you push the buttons thing. That's probably what the mechanic would do, but he told the salesman that it would have to be taken out to justify the $70.

·
E. J.
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: The instructions worked like a charm. I can certainly rest easier. And, now I can use the battery cable to try to get the VCM to reset.:D

·
E. J.
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
70 bucks for that?

What a f-in rip off!:bash:

This is exactly the kind of information, that should be included in either the Owners Manual or the repair manuals. If it wasn't for warranty work, I'd tell the damn dealers to take a flyin' leap.:finger:

I hope I can find something of interest to you guys. You've been a big help, since I joined this site.:bowdown:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm glad to hear someone else had success with this before i gave it a try. What kind of reference material can a guy buy to get this kind of info?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I was able to get the 6 digit code but when I called the # below they are asking for a division digit and the 202107 does not seem to get it. Could you please help with this. I just spent 1000.00 to have my engine repaired and now am unable to get the radio to work. I am locked out of it and do not have the code. I am the second owner and the dealer now wants 30.00 to reset. I know how to reset the radio but am unable to get the code. Please help

DogP said:
Here you go... I think this has the info that you need. I got it from http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5155 - Instructions originally from Tha_Boom.

** Theftlock Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed.

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, write down the next 3 numbers.

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 202107, press the # button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM/FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio.

To remove codes, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

you might have to use diffrent buttons to acomplish this depending on your radio. also if you skrew up the code 3 times you will have to leave it powered up for 1 hour for it to reset. **

I hope this is what you needed.

DogP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I was able to get the 6 digit code but when I called the # below they are asking for a division digit and the 202107 does not seem to get it. Could you please help with this. I just spent 1000.00 to have my engine repaired and now am unable to get the radio to work. I am locked out of it and do not have the code. I am the second owner and the dealer now wants 30.00 to reset. I know how to reset the radio but am unable to get the code. Please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 70 bucks for that?

:D Thank You to everyone that had a part in this Theftlock Radio posting. I tried the 202107 number myself and after realizing that it was a stupid Dealer Authorization number I switched some numbers and tried "203105#" and it worked for me on 9-03-2004. Yes BlazerPride I agree its a Rip-Off but I'm glad they have that feature. I do think though that it should be mandatory for any resellers to disable the Theftlock or at the very least give the new Owner/Buyer the flippin code. My local dealerships wanted $35.00:wtf: but thanks to this website:worship: I did it myself in 10 minutes then spent 2 minutes telling the last dealerships service manager what an ***hole he was. Exactly just how many times do these stupid car dealers expect us to buy the same car over again? LOL.
Thanks Again, RICH722K 98 Chevy Lumina (car) 3.1 V-6:rock: :smoke:
BlazerPride said:
What a f-in rip off!:bash:

This is exactly the kind of information, that should be included in either the Owners Manual or the repair manuals. If it wasn't for warranty work, I'd tell the damn dealers to take a flyin' leap.:finger:

I hope I can find something of interest to you guys. You've been a big help, since I joined this site.:bowdown:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried the steps everyone has mentioned I get the first three numbers but when I get to the part of "pressing the am\fm button for the other numbers nothing happens. Anyone know why? Any assistance would really be great. 01' Blazer if it matters.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts