21 - 40 of 140 Posts

·
Lurkin Again!
628 Posts
the front end reminds of the new camaros, but mann I really like it alot

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
the more i look at it, the more I like it, I'm just curious to see what you do to fill the holes

and to those saying it's flimsy, go look at the back corners of a blazer, there are supports, he could build those VERY easily, there's no engine in the damn thing it's obviously not finished haha

make some new mirrors or get some SSs too
and I would round the fender edges more to match the bodylines

it needs taillights/plates too!

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Im kinda shocked..... reading ur post i was skeptical, but it does look good. Does the truck weigh like 10,000 lbs now, or what? lol

·
Chopper! Sic balls!
39,283 Posts
it looked almost fake to me at first. lol definitely killer though i love it.
what kind of prices are we looking at?

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
HOLY ****ING SHIT... imust say.. looks good.. but FAR from a body kit. more like a conversion imo... maybe make front vents a little smaller. and with the rear of the bed at the angle it is.. i would say some colorado tails would fit perty nice on that.... sick truck. cant WAIT to see paint on this...

and i would usually be one to bash body kits.. but that...ITS SICK

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
An S10 that actually looks and is different! Congrats you have accomplished the impossible... and made it look good! :tup:

depending on the price id love to pick up one of those kits!

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
I started reading the thread thinking "oh god,... another lost s-series owner". After seeing the pictures, I was more than silenced. Excellent work. I applaud you.
-pics of inside of bed?
-what engine will this get?
-what are your plans for interior?
-what is done to the suspension?

My only thing about it is this.... I see waves in the body work. but, I am sure those will be worked out in the paint process.

·
Bought Not Built
3,541 Posts
Wow that looks pretty good, I was doubting too like many of the others when I clicked on this thread. Can't wait to see finished pic's.

·
Diesel Tech
1,348 Posts
That thing is SICK!!! Like was said before, it's kind of hard to set a Dime apart, you have definately done that!

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
I know it would be a major redo.. but i think the only thing i would of done differently would of been move the cab mounts and cab back on the frame about 4". This would of also allowed you to move the motor back further in the engine bay for a more stock look to clear the 6.0, to improve the weight ratios front to rear, and also no need to tub the firewall or modify the heater assembly's what so ever to clear the wheels. Never mind it would of allowed you to stretch the hood out to further reduce the goofy short front heavy truck look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
wow!! finely people that understand the truck and speak the same lowrider language as I thank you all for so much in put. I have answers for some and Questions for others....

here we go..

the only thing about the truck that is trail blazer is the headlights and modified cross bar. the cross bar will be a one piece fiberglass bolt.

the grill inserts will more than likely be what is called perforated steel??..the easy description is it will look very similar if not identical to the current model GMC denalli.

inner bed ... the pictures you see have a very heavily modified ..hacked up inner steel bed. the production version will come two ways.. 1 the bed will consist of the outer shell and inner steel support brackets and nothing on the interior this is so a very stunning suspension job, tanks, compressors, valve arrangements could be seen,..why not show off you beautiful work!
2 a full fibber glass inner tub with large wheel tubs room for a cross over bridge raised floor aprox 4" and completely smoothed and sculpted.. plus a bed flush gas cap..
so basically the bed will be a complete one piece bolt on unit when delivered.

the tail lights
I have made provision for them I don't have any pix of them in the bed yet. the sweetest part is I sorced matched brake, and bu lights. there clear/red lensed and have a diamond cut reflector inside to match the pattern of front marker/ turn lights..

waves in the body work yes...you probably could have surfed them..lol... I know that was the extent of my body finishing ability since then it was sent to a friend of mine whow owns a body shop for finishing before it went to the mold maker..

some one mentioned it looked flimsy??
its no the bumper ahs a steel reinforcement in it and the will be double skinned with dual two stage rotary latches and strikers and guides to positivly locate and hold the hood when shut.. nicest part of all it will work with the origanal hood cable.

sorry Ive got to go will answer the rest tonight!

21 - 40 of 140 Posts
About this Discussion
139 Replies
82 Participants
whyrunwhenicanfly
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing