650 bucks.

The pros

Mostly everything works

The cons
Windshield needs replacing
I think my fuel sending unit needs replacing
Because my
Gas level doesn't work in the cluster lol

I don't own a computer so doing a lot of research and parts shoppig sucks really bad when using an iPhone.

I was curious if there's an easier way to replace the sending unit other than dropping the tank?

Also I was curious of why my e brake light is flashing when I drive haha

Plans for this ugly Betty is to lower it and use it to get street cred while maintaining the usefulness of a 4wd truck in an Alaskan winter.

Input is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh another question. There are several spots rusted through, how can I remedy this if at all?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding to it once again, I have a spare front bumper, grill, mirrors ad tail lights for sale if anyone is interested

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
what type of bumper? With impact strip or w/o? (is there a plastic strip on it anywhere or is it just steel?)

Also please use the Edit option in the future, so you dont have 3 posts that only need to be one. Not trying to be rude, just advising for future use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that, I'm 90% sure it has the black impact strip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
As far as rust repair you can cover it up for a quick and sleazy fix,It won't last. Or the correct way is to cut it out and weld in new metal. Aftermarket fenders and doors are probably going to be cheaper than correct repairs. Patch panels are available for cab corners and bed sides. I would think lowering a 4x4 in the snow belt to be counterproductive

·
Registered
32 Posts
cut a hole in the floor and weld washers on the panel for remounting . then when the fuel pump bites it when your driving in the middle of nowhere you can change it in a half an hour

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Brake light flashing is an ABS fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looked at the bumper and grill I have.
The bumper is black and has no strip on it, nor the holes the stripping would have left.

The grill is a one piece matte black Chevy grill.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
PM me price shipped to 93601 and please keep in mind theyre only $65 New and shipped on ebay, plus they can have it to my door in just 6 days so if it has dents, or is bent I wont be interested... no offense. I already own a dented, bent bumper - no need for 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts