S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well coming up on 60,000 kilometers and my warranty in just over a year, i have a couple of decisions i gotta make. Should i get an extended warranty for my 2000 Xtreme, or should i just take my chances. The problem is, its about $1800 until 100,000 i think and i would have to take out a loan to get the money. Should i just say screw the warranty and just concentrate on paying off the truck. Or should i get the warranty just in case, i dont know if the s-10's have a tendency to break down or not after the warranty. Any suggestions, i need help cuz i dont wanna get screwed over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I got the extended warranty for my 98 Sonoma ZQ8 when it hit 58509km.

Right before the warranty was up, I went in with all the little things and reported them. eg. a small patch missing from my passenger seat, screws loose, small leaks under engine and rear diff, etc..

It cost me $2000 to extend my warranty to the 5yr/ 120,000km mark. For that cost, I am not sure if I would do it again, but if I were to have purchased it when I originally bought the vehicle, I would definetly recommend it for next time.

Bzz

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you don't race or drive hard, I would not get the warranty - (i.e.,) you wouldn't tell them you did if you had the warranty anyway. Seems like $1,800 should cover any unforeseen repairs between 30k and 100k km. The warranty does not cover things like tires, brake pads, wiper blades, and yes body leaks etc. anyway
Just my $0.02.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I think it would be worth the cash, but I have had quite a few problems with my Sonoma already. If you have a major tranny problem or something down the road, you would want to have that warranty in place. Just my opinion..............:D

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
X-Tended Warranty.....!

i had a 94 SS and i didnt baby it............. but i didnt abuse it either....it was still going strong at 120.XXX Miles... not Km's..! I had the X-Tended Warranty on it to 50.XXX miles and only need it to about 30,XXX miles.....!

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
Warrenty???

Screw the warrenty! When you buy that V8 to swap in to your truck, it'll come with a warrenty! Or, take that $1800.00 and put it into the Supercharger fund. Or the Nitrous fund. Or........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts