S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've wanted a bagged s10 since around '98, I used to get tailgate magazine, minitruckin, streettrucks, all that back in high school-then I blew all my money racing motorcycles for a few years, built a few old school lowriders with my dad, few Harley's, and then the bug bit me again and I joined this site in '06 I think, but somehow I ended up with a silverado, so I put 18"s on it, lowered it, usual stuff. Here's the silverado

Anyway enough history, after two bikes and a car, I picked up a s10, already bagged with a sd 3link, 3 5gal tanks, half inch fills and 1" dumps. (Why would u do the fills/dumps like that? Sounds backwards)

Here it is, the start of something great (hopefully lol)

Here's the plan-
losh steering kit
re-tub the back to lay on 22"s
Tub the front for 20"s-I'd like to be able to drive/even turn alil, like a inch off the ground
Sink the shocks
Box the frame in a few places for piece of mind
Vintage air
Vette brakes front n back

That's all I can think of but if I keep looking on s10forum.com the list will never end lol

I got 6months of part collecting and planning before I start, and hopefully I can knock it out in 2 weeks.
Things I've done so far are new gates belt, third door handle (was broken) and I started the big 3 yesterday with 1/0 cable

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
that's a real clean s10. did u buy it from someone on here.. I swear ive seen it before

inb4truckstartsgettingcutup :)
Sub'd

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
I just realized you were the guy in the baggin it section testing out a few bagged trucks before you bought one. Nice choice man how much you score it for?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I've spent a total of $4100, that includes the truck, registration, cables for big 3, third door handle, gates belt, harbor freight airline kit-awesome idea-and washing it. I think that's a decent price for a v6 auto. Could be wrong tho lol

It's a great start for what I want to do, the only major thing I don't like is the license plate is frenched into the tailgate at an angle. I'll probably get another tailgate and put the plate in the roll pan.

I'll get some more pics when I finish the big 3

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did the wiring, took a few pics. kinda useless seeing as how theres a sticky on it but pics are pics lol

i went battery to alt, then battery to engine, engine to frame. then i used the stock ground wires and put them all on the body. yes i got rid of /trimmed all the random zipties i saw

i also cleaned the orifice tube in the ac lines, and recharged it, so the ac is ice cold now. no pics tho.

heres some cool stuff that drove by as i was messing with the truck

max lift 120psi

ride height on a decent road, 70psi front /30psi rear

tire size is 245/35-20 all around.

whats up with the headlights? i do notice there's a lil gap but they aren't about to fall off that i can tell. how do i fix it?

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
there are tabs on the bottom of the headlight bracket that sit in the core support.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there are tabs on the bottom of the headlight bracket that sit in the core support.
that made perfect sense when i looked at it lol

looks like the brackets were swapped, left is on right, right is on left. i see where they should sit in the core support but the tabs face out instead of in towards the hole. sound right?

oh to answer the other question, its laying on the inner fenders.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I fixed te headlights before i left btw

I've spent more cash on the truck and I'm not even home yet lol
So far, I got wheels, haven't bought the tires yet, tell me if the measurements sound right before I do.

Front 20x8.5, -6mm offset 4.5 bs, tire 245/35-20
Rear 20x9.5, 0 offset 5.25 bs, tire 275/35-20

I wanted 22" but they don't make the wheel I like in that size.

I'm getting in on the lsoh group buy, and I'll pick up the no toe kit too.
Strong arm lower control arms are on hold for me
Front shocks, and proper mounts (got lucky with those)

And vintage air is 15miles away from where I'm at, so I'm gonna go down there and see what all I need to put one of their mini kits in the truck.
I'm also working out the stuff I need to make my 3 link a 5 link, just waiting on ppl to get back to me.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! Some of those nice parts came from you lol

I haven't bought the wheels yet, I've almost purchased em twice, but each time I backed out. It's such a big purchase, and I want it to look a certain way so I have to force myself to wait til I get back to the truck.

Ive been working on a rendering with another forum member for about 2weeks so far, I'll post up both wheels and see what you guys think when we are done.

Steering kit is at my house, im searching for c5 parts and this will be coming soon for the rear brakes, hopefully more ppl join in

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f14/little-shop-rear-disc-conversion-group-buy-521263/

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Really, i just want to bump the thread to remind you all about the lsoh rear disk group buy, it ends soon, and for a limited time u may get a free upgrade!!!

As far as the truck:

I got some real fancy limited edition shock mounts

And here's a sneak peek of what it could look like

1 - 20 of 311 Posts