S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, work has begun on cleaning up the X a bit. work planned....

• Shaved door handles
  • Shaved tailgate handle
  • Shaved step pads
  • Shaved antenna
  • SS mirrors painted white
  • Paint hood white(I know YAY!)
  • Paint grill white
As i said, work has begun already. Most of it won't be actually done until late winter/early spring. However, i decided to get a jump start on it, and get some parts removed while it's still somewhat warm. All four step assemblies have been removed totally, but set back in place with no bolts/pins, so my cover isn't torn to hell. I got pics of progress so far, i'll post them later.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
y2k xtreme said:
Aight, work has begun on cleaning up the X a bit. work planned....

• Shaved door handles
  • Shaved tailgate handle
  • Shaved step pads
  • Shaved antenna
  • SS mirrors painted white
    [*]Paint hood white(I know YAY!)
  • Paint grill white
its about damn time phil! LMAO, cant wait to see it dude. i might have questions for ya about shaving handles and stuff. are you doin it yourself?:thumbup:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
loyalty said:
what all would be involved in shaving the front step pads?
i'll take a good close-up pic of the front step when we do this, just to give a good idea of what's involved. i know there will have to be some grinding of material off the step, but that's OK...lol....:D:D:D

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: "The Project"

MightyMouseJ5 said:

its about damn time phil! LMAO, cant wait to see it dude. i might have questions for ya about shaving handles and stuff. are you doin it yourself?:thumbup:
lol..i know, i've been anxious to get the hood done..lol

and i'm gonna be helping with it..got a buddy in a body shop that's gonna be doin most of the work, but i'm gonna help as much as possible, so i can learn to do the **** too...:D:D:D

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics of The Project

Just a few pics of the steps removed.

A pic of the steps temporarily set back in place with no bolts, just so my cover won't get torn by the brackets.

This is the baggie of bolts/pins that were removed while pulling the steps.

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Re: Pics of The Project

y2k xtreme said:
Just a few pics of the steps removed.

Hey.. Someone stole your bumper man.. ROFLMAO..

no seriously it should be really cool once you are finished..

I think you should just paint the hood black.... why spoil the looks... LOL...

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sad sad news.

As of 4:45 AM December 23, 2001, I hereby declare "The Project" postphoned INDEFINATELY. As of 4:00 AM, a bad engine knock has sprung on the Jimmy. As soon as this is posted, my pissed off self is heading outside, to re-assemble the Xtreme to prepare for the worst case with the engine. *me heads off to work on the X, crying slightly* (not really, but i want to:(:(:( )

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
y2k xtreme said:
sad sad news.

As of 4:45 AM December 23, 2001, I hereby declare "The Project" postphoned INDEFINATELY. As of 4:00 AM, a bad engine knock has sprung on the Jimmy. As soon as this is posted, my pissed off self is heading outside, to re-assemble the Xtreme to prepare for the worst case with the engine. *me heads off to work on the X, crying slightly* (not really, but i want to:(:(:( )
that focken blows! im sorry dude. hope for the best, it miight not be that bad!

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
y2k xtreme said:
sad sad news.

that sux a fat one:(

·
Banned
7,683 Posts
y2k xtreme said:
sad sad news.

damn that sucks we can fix the knocking we'll do what all honest car sales man do and put saw dust in your engine so u can;t hear the knocking.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts