S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone have there radiator mounted? The plastic fan housing is what held my rad in place. What should i do about mounting it? its a 2.8, are the newer s10 mounted the same way? sorry if i sound like a moron. pabst has got me talkin'

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
just trim of the fan guard off your stock one and reinstall. thats all it takes.its the easiest way i know of.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Only problem is when you cut where it bolts on the lower part, I did that and the damn radiator fell into the fan when I was driving. The way I'm gonna do it is put the shroud on and see where the fan would hit, trim around it and put it back on, it should just be a little hole in the top part of the shroud.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
hugh,mines never moved at all. it still has the 2 lower ones that bolt to the suport. o well

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I need to make some custom mounts because my stock plastic one (lower) hits on everything imaginable... How would you all suggest fabricating mounts for it??

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
intense bent aluminum and then bolted his one...or somethin like that...he showed me pics one day...

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
bend a u shaped piece and put the stock rubber pieces in it then bend a couple of tabs for the top. on cutting the stock plastic it will be know wider than the radiator when done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts