S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that I have the head and cam squared away, I'm going to start collecting the stuff needed for the T-56 swap. But first I have a question about the heart of the beast, the T56. Are there any companies out there that rebuild the 92-97 T56 with stronger gears/internal components? Also what is a good clutch/flywheel setup to purchase? Where do I buy the 44t ring? I think thats about it. If theres anything else I'm missing please tell me. I know about the driveshaft shortening, floor cut, and cross member modding.

~thanks~

·
Registered
940 Posts
D&D performance can rebuild the trannies stronger, but if you get one new why do you have to have it built stronger ? they are rated for 450 ft. lbs, you want a 94-97 lt1 camaro t-56, i have a brand new single disc mcleod clutch set-up sitting here right now i m still undecided if i m gunna try and send it back or sell it myself, the reluctor ring your talking about you can get from JTR. also talk to some of the guys on here i know a few of them bought used trannies and had to rebuild then later on, might end up being cheaper buying a new one with a warrenty.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
you get the 40 not 44 tooth reluctor from JTR.
There are a few companys like D&D that rebuild them.
or watch ebay there are always alot on there. But I got mine from this site www.camaroz28.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts