S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Finally... An S10 (1992 GMC S15 Sonoma) project.
2.8 V6, 5 speed, A/C, PS, PB, windows, door locks and ratty. No rust, salvage title.
This has gone back and forth between a friend and I for several years. He needed a daily, I sold it back. He didn't need it anymore, I bought it back.
A woman ran a red light and mashed the right side. Result - replacement bed and passenger door. The axle was bent too, so he installed a welded 4.10 gear axle assembly. NFG. Not good for the street.
Next post: work

· Awww..you ain't got shit!
1984 S-10. Modified
3,888 Posts
Some onion (me) put the battery in with revers polarity... Blew up the ECU. Sourced a new one but didn't solve the issue.
So, time for a WEBER!
Edelbrock intake and adapter.
Pix of that shortly.

Cool ride, Max! Hey I sent you a message. Wondering if you might call me on the phone? Got a question about front brake conversion to Blazer. My number is in the message.

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the passenger door was pretty much junk - rust and manual everything, I found an electric door at a new U Pull in Baton Rouge.
BYOT - Bring Your Own Tools. Nice clean yard.

Automotive exterior Gas Shade Composite material Asphalt

Door totally painted and matched to the truck. Originally green, now completely ready to mount.

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First pix: Old Skool Western 15x8 wheels. They're in good shape, guess they'll stay.
Replacement rear tires required. The welded rear end put an end to them.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Combat vehicle

Edelbrock intake hanging out with a few other weird intakes.
2 barrel top with a Redline adapter from Bogchester to Weber.

The carb is a Weber knock off by Holley - sort of a copy of a Weber, although it's a US version for 70's 4 bangers - Like Vega, Ford Pinto/ Mustang and even MOPAR rigs. It's also more emissions compliant. Meh.

We'll see how that goes...

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hood Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Underside of the hood "cut in" to clean up the engine compartment. The paint is Rustoleum white. A perfect match to the stock GM code 11 white!
The damn stuff is as good as PPG acrylic enamel - at a fraction of the cost.

ProCycle used Rustoleum rattle cans to paint his SS10 rig - IIRC. AND it has an amazing finish.
I remember seeing all of the over spray in his shop!

I have a ton more pix of this POS. I'll keep posting since I have finally found a streamline way to add fotos to this thread.

Lots more pix coming.

· Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
847 Posts
...The paint is Rustoleum white. A perfect match to the stock GM code 11 white!
The damn stuff is as good as PPG acrylic enamel - at a fraction of the cost.

ProCycle used Rustoleum rattle cans to paint his SS10 rig - IIRC. AND it has an amazing finish.
I remember seeing all of the over spray in his shop!
Yeah, Rustoleum is the WORST for overspray. The paint particles will float in the air 50 feet away, settle on something and stick there. Anything else would just leave a little dust that sweeps right up.
But it IS cheap and pretty durable. It also flows out pretty nice.

Good to see you breaking out another project.

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Car Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Rustoleum rattle can baby!!
The sh*t is amazing.
I was going to use PPG GM code 11 acrylic enamel, but thought I'd give the old can a try. It worked well on "cutting in" undersides and panels, why not the hood?
You can't tell the shine since the sun is so bright, but it shines like a baby's butt....

I had to watch the paint go on so I wouldn't have any dry areas, and had to lay it on fairly heavy to flow well. In the end, it looks as good as the PPG stuff. I guess if you wax it a few times a year, it should last - to boot.
AND, it's almost a dead ringer for color match.

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface

Totally bizarre..
This is the original RF fender. It was in perfect condition EXCEPT for the hood hinge area which was completely rotted off.
I had another fender, so instead of cutting off the hinge mount and welding it on, I painted the new fender to match and installed it. It has a perfect hinge mount.
Weird that the mount rotted off... (lower pic)

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire

PPG acrylic enamel.
Damn aftermarket fender style line is slightly off. Everything else lines up perfectly. Typical.

The back of the door style line is off because this is the side that was mashed up.
The back panel was bent.
I could straighten it, but meh, this isn't a show truck.
I thought it was the door, but it's a GM original. It also shuts perfectly.
If you look carefully at the rocker panel, you'll see it's also off. The PO had sort of straightened it out. It still has a slight side step, but it's not really noticeable unless you know what to look for.

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Going from a bad TBI system to Weber on top of an Edelbrock intake. Also running a vacuum advance non computer distributor.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

Starting to look like a real truck
More pix and .paint work coming shortly.

· Boozebag
10,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^^ Yeah, just had laser surgery in my left eye.
Don't know how busy I can be. Still have 2 more surgeries to go.

This truck is going along ok though.
Still cruising even though my eye is FUBAR,,,

Oh, and BTW, that is only here in Baton Rouge. Still have lots more at the farm

1 - 20 of 90 Posts