In our imports
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this in two weeks and it's getting that much closer
Installed:
chassis enginering top gun 4 link
Strange coilovers with springs
10 point [email protected] race cars cage
28x10.5 et drags on a 15x10 prostars (7 inches of backspacing)
The rear end is a mustang 8.8 at stock width

·
In our imports
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's a 8.8 rear end from a mustang, I only hope for low 9's but anything faster than what I have previosly gone is a blessing.

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
is it going to be a drag only car??? Thats what I think when I see those wheels. Just not the look I think I like on an RX-7

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
sweet.. i was wondering what ever happened to this car. :haha: looks great! :tup:

one thing though.... please tell me your gona cut out all the factory strut mounts and install some nice big wheel tubs so you can drop the ride height down another few inches so your atleast tucking a good 2" of tire? would look sooooo much better crushed.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
Hotness...

Daveman2 said:
Holy crap that's a FAST car. 8.8s!!!! DAMN.
Thats a ford rear differential. They are stout as hell, my buddys SN95 goes 8.80s @ around 160 on the 8.8"

If you want one for your dime, pick one up out of an Explorer

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Damn that is sick. How about some engine pics for it. I would like to see that for sure. But why not just build the stock motor up to take 25-30psi of boost instead of doing an LS1 swap???

·
In our imports
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought the car wrecked with a crappy condition rotor motor and have only wanted to build the car for weekend warrior status and some track duty. I like the ls1 for reliablility the rotor is not know for making lots of power and living long.

The motor is a 420 cubic inch stroker with afr heads and a direct port for the fun.
This is the only pic of the current motor and it has since been tore down for some additional goodies.

·
Gone Fisting!
671 Posts
i'm a big LS engine series fan i'm waiting to get my hands on the a new LS7, i'm in the process of building and LS6 engine for my friends 99 camaro Turbo setup there pretty good engines in the long run. But you are right they really not known for long life if you throw a lot of HP there way.

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
1968OldsMan said:
i'm a big LS engine series fan i'm waiting to get my hands on the a new LS7, i'm in the process of building and LS6 engine for my friends 99 camaro Turbo setup there pretty good engines in the long run. But you are right they really not known for long life if you throw a lot of HP there way.
I think you and every other chevy guy is..... but for 14 grand I am going ls1 or 2

·
In our imports
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not such a bad price, If I was to add up how much my engine cost me at this point I would not be to far from that total.

·
growing up a bit..
5,182 Posts
can i have it? please.. nice lookin car, i personally like the body style.. not a fan of the wheels, but like someone said there prolly arent many options.. nice lookin work, keep it up

·
Mmmm Tire smoke.
1,195 Posts
96dragginSdime said:
I think you and every other chevy guy is..... but for 14 grand I am going ls1 or 2
Go with an LQ9 from an Escalade. The cast iron block can take more stress. It's the same motor that SLP and Lingenfelter build there 402, and 408 short blocks out of.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts