S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed this kit..it made a huge difference...it sounds a hell of a lot better and it give a huge difference on the throttle responce...it is great prob the best thing i have done so far to my truck performance wise

·
Original Gangsta
2,308 Posts
i have it on my 4.3L it does have better throttle response.also i have a gms high flow mass air sensor also a get buy works great together.it moves much quicker.also have a gibson single side cat back system..

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like the checkmate i bought it with my truck...the only problem is that it doesnt have locks so i cant be sure none will take anything .....ask me any more questions if you need to

·
Registered
35 Posts
On the FIPK, be sure to tighten the bolts and such. You'll be suprised how fast they can loosen up.... But it's not big deal after you tighten them a couple of times they pretty much stay put.:beer:

Also about the checkmate cover. Does it use clamps or how is it attached? I'm a little weary of drilling holes....

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i do not like hot it is drilled into my truck bed but hey what can i do it was done before me so...ya try some other companies and compare them

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
I have a check mate. I drilled it. Fits good. Has a big crease the length of the cover. They all do. The locks suck as$! I seriously warn anyone away from installing them. Drilling into the cover reveals why they are so cheap! 3/4 inch of styrofoam, sandwhiched between 2 thin layers of fibreglass.

·
Registered
41 Posts
whats the k&n fipk?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ive got a 2000

·
Registered
41 Posts
is the intake really worth $283?

·
Get Bent
6,156 Posts
YES!
Better throttle response, and some cheap bolt on hp
adds to the sound of the engine/exhaust as well

coupled with a chip and an exhaust system
can actually take a underpowered I-4 and make it hold its own... or at least we wont be struggling to climb hills anymore... :lol:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
where is the best place to get the K&N i would like to know what is the best price to order one thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ive never had trouble climbing hills. lol

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
True

Got_20s said:
I have a check mate. I drilled it. Fits good. Has a big crease the length of the cover. They all do. The locks suck as$! I seriously warn anyone away from installing them. Drilling into the cover reveals why they are so cheap! 3/4 inch of styrofoam, sandwhiched between 2 thin layers of fibreglass.
I about **** my pants when i saw a bunch of styrofoam flying out when drilling the holes for my locks, i ended up getting the barrel cam locks like on the coke machines, they have worked good so far. Oh yea Got20's, what drop you have in the rear now? I just ordered some 20's for my rear and want to know how low i can go.

Nathan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts