S-10 Forum banner
1101 - 1117 of 1117 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Keep up the good work. I am soon to be working on some fenders and tubs on another project.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,102 ·
small update

got the fenders mounted. hood mounted and also clearanced for the tubs. i'll have pics up eventually.

And i've recently noticed that the rear of the truck was getting held up about an inch from laying out. I found that the rear calipers were getting hung up on the notch. i didn't think about as the pads wear, the calipers move inwards on the sliders. i think i've come up with a fix. I'm going to rotate the axle bracket 45* and drill new holes to mount it to the axle flange. i've also got to swap the sides so i can keep the bleeder at the top.

next on my list is gonna be a roll pan and handle re-locator.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Updated pics please sir. I would like to see the hood on the truck.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,106 ·
Updated pics please sir. I would like to see the hood on the truck.
i'll try to post them up. been slowly getting some bugs worked out on the truck and i finally added air gauges. my biggest issue right now is the AC pulley is hitting the underside of the hood when i accelerate too quickly. gotta drop the motor 1/2". Which will get done when i pull the motor back out for head gasket, rear main, and oil pan gasket.

JTS, thank you. been a long road, and too many periods of lack of motivation.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,107 ·
so here's some updates on the hood. i have other pics but my photobucket account is locked up for excess storage and i refuse to pay to store images. so when i swich to another storage, i'll post the rest.

i still need to work on the under side. i want to fill all the holes and sheet metal the underside. just make it look alittle cleaner.

i also went to the junkyard and picked up some pieces. I got a headlight switch so now i can convert the '95 pigtail to the '02 dash and it'll look right and i'll feel better. i also got a prestine rear door panel. and i picked up a roof rack. i'll be working on it this weekend so i should have more pics coming shortly. since it's too hot down here to drive it without AC i'm trying to knock out a bunch of QOL stuff to make driving it come the fall alittle more enjoyable. And i'm slowly saving up for a vintage air setup so next summer i can drive it.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I had to stop going forward, back up and slowly fix all the crap I rushed, actually still fixing all the rushed stuff haha. Keep at it.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,110 ·
I had to stop going forward, back up and slowly fix all the crap I rushed, actually still fixing all the rushed stuff haha. Keep at it.
Same here. I’m trying to swap my headlight switch to the 2003 to match the dash and it’s not going well. Either it’s not as simple as matching wires or I have a missing ground cause when I turn on my running lights, the left blinker indicator lights up. So I have to chase that now.

Same

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
What did you end up doing with your drive shaft. I didn't see any details when I glanced back. Meaning how did you get the correct length one in there.

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,112 ·
What did you end up doing with your drive shaft. I didn't see any details when I glanced back. Meaning how did you get the correct length one in there.
i got a 2 piece from a junkyard and had the front section lengthened at a driveshaft shop. in order to find out the correct length, i cut the front section and slid it into the tranny then measured.

·
time to get cereal
5,654 Posts
Haven't seen this thread in a while... yes, pics please.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Digging the roof rack. What's the story on the old valence?? Stevie Wonder trim the bottom??? hahaha.

1101 - 1117 of 1117 Posts