S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright heres the del, i new to bags kind, but im learning alot from u guys, i know how the rear airride setup, u run no leafsprings and sleeved bags. so what if you run reagular bags? rum'em the sam way? keep leafsprings? whats the deal. please help me out:wtf:

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
umm, you seem confused...you have few different options when running a rear setup, including 2 link, 3 link, 4 link, reversed 4 link, monoleafs, ect...the only reason for running sleeve bags is that they offer a bit more comfot when the truck is unloaded but they can not handle as muh weight as a double convoluted bag can. you can run anything you want with any type of bag you want...most popular?? monoleafs or 4 link with over axle bag mounts under a custom crossmember...lata

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
AVTekk said:
...the only reason for running sleeve bags is that they offer a bit more comfot when the truck is unloaded but they can not handle as muh weight as a double convoluted bag can.

The F9000 sleeves also give about twice the lift of the normal double convoluted bag set up.

Twice now, on this site, I've seen mention of the double convoluted bags increased weight capacity. Lets be realistic about it. A F9000 bag is rated at 1500 pounds @ 100 psi. That is 3000 pounds a pair. The rear weight of your S10 is only about 1200-1500 pounds. That leaves 1500- 1800 pounds of payload capacity. That's far more than your truck is even rated to carry. The decreased load capacity of a sleeve bag over a double convoluted bag is a bonus.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
umm, are you saying double convoluteds dont have additional weight capcity? cuz they do...2500 pounds each. i know all about the 9000s cuz guess what? i run them in my truck. ive carried all types of sh*t with them including my 4.3 in the bed. i didnt say that you needed more capacity, just that they offer it. and yes, i forgot to mention the increased travel...and yes, i know it is a bonus thats why the 9000s ride better...heh, lata

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I ran 9000 for a while

Switched to the double convoluted and they don't ride as nice. Ranger guy are big into running beside the frame kits with 9000 bags.

We even port them out to 1/2" ports for guys wanting to keep all the ports front and rear the same size lol.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
AVTekk said:
umm, are you saying double convoluteds dont have additional weight capcity? cuz they do...2500 pounds each.
No I am not saying the double convoluted bags don't offer more weight capacity. I am saying that listing that as a positive reason to use them is a joke. A pair of F9000's easily gives enough weight carrying capacity on the rear of an S10.

Here's the numbers again... A F9000 is rated at 1500# @ 100psi. That is 3000 pounds of weight capacity per pair. The rear of a mini truck is in the 1200-1500 pound range. ( For comparison, my toyota 4x4 with 44" tires has a rear weight of 1560 pounds. ) Those two f9000 bags will hit ride height somewhere around 60 psi, and will still have somewhere between 1500-1800 pounds of load carrying capacity available. WHY would you need, or even think it matters to mention, the increased load carring capacity of a double convoluted bag. That 1500-1800 pounds of extra capacity is easily enough. FAR more than the truck is rated at. Right ? half ton truck... 1/2 ton = 1000 pounds. The down side to the F9000's has been the 1/4" ports. Well there are thin wall fittings designed for 1/2" line. And the guys at AAC have been retapping them to a bigger port size.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
[email protected] or larry????

what would be better?
to re-tap or just get some thin wall fittings?
i have the means to re-tap it but isent it kinda a bich to get all the metal schavings out? what if some shavings ended up in the bag and i couldent get them out will this hurt them???

thanks
scott

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Depends on what size line you are running. If you are only going to use 1/2" go with the thin wall fittings. If you want bigger, drill and tap it. I haven't tried it, so you will have to ask Jeff about it.

Getting the chips out isn't hard. Grease the drill bit, and the tap, and go slow. the grease in the flutes will collect the chips. You can also flush it out with water, and let it sit upside down for all the water to drain out.
Larry

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
when i run the 3/8" smcs and 1/2" line the smallest part of the system would be the fitting going into my bag right?
if i did port them larger would i port to 3/8"npt or 1/2"npt? wouldent 3/8"npt be 3/8" inner dia. all the way through...
and on my tank i only have a "in" and an "out" port on the tank, how will i run 4 supplys to each of my corners?

thanks
scott

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
T them off

When the lines come out of the tank, they can be T'd off into seperate feeds.

With one port out you can run a T which would then run one line to the front which is T'd again and one line for the rear which needs to be T'd again.

The cost of the T's you may even be better just going with a 5 gallon 8-1/2ported tank for $50.00

Its a little more efficient then running so many T's as well.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ok ok i understand all the numbers because like i said, i run them on my truck...and yes they have handled all the weight that ive thrown at them. i know you dont NEED the extra capacity of the double convoluted, but it doesnt hurt to list the fact that the capacity is there..that all im sayin...lata

1 - 11 of 11 Posts