S-10 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Boozebag
9,243 Posts
$50? How much is a regular filter? $3?
Not that familiar since I live in hotels.
Is it washable?
I am guessing you don't have to oil it (?)
:LOL:

Oh, and thanks for wondering Mo.
I've been sort of slow on the forum lately. Not much to work on.

40,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Does your filter go in horizontal or vertical? My furnace use the same size, with the alternate being 4" thick. Is it washable?
Mine installs vertically. It is washable and it carries the same lifetime warranty as their air filters. They sell a special cleaner for it for like 9-10 bucks a 32oz spray bottle but it being a cotton filter I'm sure you could use a mild soap and low pressure water to clean it if you wanted to.
$50? How much is a regular filter? $3?
Not that familiar since I live in hotels.
Is it washable?
I am guessing you don't have to oil it (?)
:LOL:

Oh, and thanks for wondering Mo.
I've been sort of slow on the forum lately. Not much to work on.
A comparable 90 day replacement filter is about 8 bucks or so. No oil. And hell, when's the last time you think I worked on anything? lol You still gotta check in so we know what's shakin'.

·
Old Fart
3,616 Posts
Mine installs vertically. It is washable and it carries the same lifetime warranty as their air filters. They sell a special cleaner for it for like 9-10 bucks a 32oz spray bottle but it being a cotton filter I'm sure you could use a mild soap and low pressure water to clean it if you wanted to.

A comparable 90 day replacement filter is about 8 bucks or so. No oil. And hell, when's the last time you think I worked on anything? lol You still gotta check in so we know what's shakin'.
Mine uses the same size and quality filters cost $9 and up around here so it would pay for its self in around a year or a little more.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
986 Posts
Mo- you are right in your guess- they make them a touch smaller to allow for "metal work" issues- and foam or rubber inserts will quiet the rattles and prevent bypassing. An i am curious to in the performance. Most k&n's work better because of the oil in the medium- form your photos it just looks like a better quality over the hardware store brands... so time will tell, and we hope you will too.

·
6th Incarnation
810 Posts
That's what I figured. I don't really know F-all about HVAC stuff. lol
I know $9 is way too much for a filter, and those aren't even the cheap ones now!!

Haven't chimed in here yet, doing well in Oklahoma. I'm fortunate to have a job at a company that's considered essential (insurance & benefits related) and we had a strong work from home capability before this even started. Heart's really breaking for those who lost their jobs, their business, or got sick, we've sure got a job to do to rebuild in the coming days! Appreciate hearing everyone's reports.

Since I'm working from home, honestly it's just as busy as ever, but now that I don't have a commute it's giving me a little extra time for projects. Oklahoma hasn't shut down to the extent a lot of states did, as of today we have around 3,600 total Cv cases. Saw Pennsylvania today had that many DEAD. That said even our peak seems to have hit and the reopening starts tomorrow. I'm likely to be at home until the summer.

·
Old Fart
3,616 Posts
I know $9 is way too much for a filter, and those aren't even the cheap ones now!!

Haven't chimed in here yet, doing well in Oklahoma. I'm fortunate to have a job at a company that's considered essential (insurance & benefits related) and we had a strong work from home capability before this even started. Heart's really breaking for those who lost their jobs, their business, or got sick, we've sure got a job to do to rebuild in the coming days! Appreciate hearing everyone's reports.

Since I'm working from home, honestly it's just as busy as ever, but now that I don't have a commute it's giving me a little extra time for projects. Oklahoma hasn't shut down to the extent a lot of states did, as of today we have around 3,600 total Cv cases. Saw Pennsylvania today had that many DEAD. That said even our peak seems to have hit and the reopening starts tomorrow. I'm likely to be at home until the summer.
I hate to burst your bubble but they are predicting another peak in the fall so it may be far from over. 😱

·
time to get cereal
3,036 Posts
I'm just going to put this here...

Trust me, I am taking this seriously, but this is just too funny not to share.

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,079 Posts
I had no clue who he was until one of the after the news is over shows was making fun of him. can't even remember which one.

i know, great story, i'll be here all week!

gets banned immediately

40,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
^^^lol

I'm so bummed about 3 concerts I have tickets to being cancelled. No summer Dead&Co., no Primus performs the entire Rush farewell to kings album, no Roger Waters........I'm a saaaaaaaaad panda.

·
Old Fart
3,616 Posts
I had to cancel a lot of plans as well. 😰

121 - 140 of 140 Posts