S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
40,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh Hai. With all that's going on I like to know that you all are doing ok. This even goes for the folks that I often give a hard time. If I didn't care I wouldn't pick on joos♡

Anyways, I thought it would be cool to have a thread just to talk about current affairs, grumpy neighbors, n junk. No politics or any of the things that already have their own sections.

Things are pretty crazy right now, it's scary. I hope you and all your people are all safe and healthy.

·
Compliance!
5,129 Posts
I have been working from home starting last Monday. I noticed my employer started letting people go this week and saw quite a few termination emails. I work in IT so I seem pretty safe with all the WFH staff but you never know. Stocked up on a few groceries but nothing out of the ordinary really. Staying out of the public as much as I can.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
We had a county not far from me close the roads to only residents. No passing through what so ever. Wife is having to do all her school work from home and send it to the kids via school programs and youtube videos. My work would be one of the last to close down working for the city. If we did get sent home, we would get paid because we would have to use vacation days.

On a side note, I have lived in my town all my life and never heard of a robbery. Just this past week we had 2. People have lost their minds.

·
Registered
324 Posts
With work and school closed, I've actually been driving more. Nothing better to do but go cruise on some back roads for a couple hours a day. I'm sure my engine appreciates the break from city driving.

40,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I been staying home. It's almost time to open up and go back to work though. All my guys are healthy and want to work. Things still grow and people are still calling so I guess we'll see how it goes.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
986 Posts
things in my neck of the NE are almost normal with the exception of the Sheep tearing thru the grocery stores- live in the corner of NH- 15 min from both VT and MA- so we are getting summer level of tourists on the hunt for pasta.chicken and the treasure- TP ........

·
Super Moderator
20,515 Posts
Corona virus???...tired of hearing about it and the stupidity its caused..
Couldn't be any further from the truth. Until Martial Law kicks in, I'm still doing the same thing I do everyday regardless what's happening.

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,079 Posts
If we did get sent home, we would get paid because we would have to use vacation days.

On a side note, I have lived in my town all my life and never heard of a robbery. Just this past week we had 2. People have lost their minds.
i tried getting to use vacay, have a new grandboy, and would like to see him but sure am not going to take the risk of a 11 day old baby.. but we can sign a form about self-terminating and if our job is available after a few weeks and lockdowns are lifted we can come back.

our town has went dead, PD has about 5 calls a day, normally more like 6 an hour.. they actually seem to be following directions, walmart usually calls hourly with a shoplifter, i haven't heard of one in 3 days, but there isn't anything left in there sooo.... strange world right now.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
462 Posts
We have our standard supply amounts and have just hunkered down to ride this out. My wife closed the daycare a week ago and now Illinois governor has issued a stay at home order. We've been home a week now and starting to get used to the 'new' norm. At least this is bringing the sane people together regardless of politics, creed or whatever. Idiots are universal.

·
time to get cereal
3,036 Posts
I work in production and we're going to three shifts to thin out the amount of people in the building at any given time. My place of employment will be considered an essential service (we produce industrial electrical panels for all industries). We are temp to hire but fortunately I've worked my way into management so my hours are secure and won't be feeling any negative impacts monetarily for now.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
i tried getting to use vacay, have a new grandboy, and would like to see him but sure am not going to take the risk of a 11 day old baby.. but we can sign a form about self-terminating and if our job is available after a few weeks and lockdowns are lifted we can come back.

our town has went dead, PD has about 5 calls a day, normally more like 6 an hour.. they actually seem to be following directions, walmart usually calls hourly with a shoplifter, i haven't heard of one in 3 days, but there isn't anything left in there sooo.... strange world right now.
That's tough not getting to see the grandboy. My dad has been in the hospital for a week with a tube draining fluid from under a lung . Can't go see him because they closed it for visitors. Hope the x-ray tomorrow shows he can go home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered Hoosier
4,591 Posts
My daughter is six months out of chemo, and about a month past her reconstruction surgery. We are both still working, but practicing "social distancing" . They should have her working from home, but claim they don't have enough VPN licenses (She is the accounts payable person for three heavy duty truck dealerships) My work is splitting up into two shifts so everybody isn't there at the same time. Been bringing my lunch in and eating in my truck.
My cousin's daughter was a performer at the Dixie Stampede. She moved home late last week.

·
R.I.P. RJB 7/10/17
1,272 Posts
Yikes, takes a pandemic to get some participation here. Still working so far (with the public) just waiting for the rollercoaster to start the downhill portion of the ride, hope it is sooner than later or a lot of people will be in trouble. Luckily having no life the last decade, I have saved up enough to be able to ride this out, to bad my 401K's aren't going to be there for me on the other side. :(

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,079 Posts
chevy and rick, hope everything goes right and heals up and everyone's fully recovered before ya know it!

and yea the 401k 94chevy.... oooh man. i just stopped looking

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't seen too many changes; still working both jobs. First job is IT, supporting customers in many industries, where I've been WFH for over a year. We've given automatic priority to the medical field. Second job, selling car parts, has been classified as essential by the state, so we're staying open there too. I have never seen an auto parts store so clean.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts