S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 93 S-10 Blazer 4dr with a 6/6 drop. 2" Coils, 2" Spindles and 2" lower control Arms. The problem I am having is the vehicle is about one inch higher on the passenger side than the driver side. I have tried swapping the coils. The Rear Leafs and Blocks are properly seated and mounted. I am a big guy so i though maybe my fat ass was causing it. So i swapped the coils. I have tried everything I know to so. Cutting the coils is ghetto, that is not an option. I have also checked the coils to ensure they are installed properly into the upper cups and covering 1/2 of the second drain hole in the controlarm, as the should be.

Any Ideas?

Another thing i noticed is that the Paseenger side front wheel does not tuck as much as the driverside wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i know the S10's have that problem because of the fuel tank being on the one side, so if you think about it 19 gallons of fuel @ 6 pounds a piece is like having another person sitting on the side...I think the blazer's tank is on the drivers side as well, if so thats why.

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first gen S-10 Blazer's gas tanks are in the rear of the vehicle mounted to both frame rails, in the center, behind the axle.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
6/6 is a serious slam, there is bound to be, any number of circumstances causing the problem, If you read the fine print when ordering some of your parts, they say that all #'s are approximate drops, so if one thing is off or different it screws it up, most people I know with lowered vehicles have this problem, at one time or another.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I'd just get a rubber wedge and put it in the coil on the side that is lower...that should help bring it up to height! you can get those things at AutoZone fairly cheap!

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
GM designs them that way for some reason

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
my s10 is like that too, my drivers side is about an inch lower but im not too worried since im baggin it this summer. hey xtremer-pxl, ur s10 looks exactly like mine, only my front end is midnight blue and the rest is primered ha

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
why the hell would you put a toyota front end on an s10 intense???????????........how lame is that

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Read the thread subject before you post next time :finger:

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
here, maybe this paragraph will help out with my reasonings..."We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks, we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to "the norm." Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done." -Wyatt Strange. I do not want my truck to be like every other S10 rolling around out there. I see mazda's all the time with toyota front ends, but its not everyday u see a s10 with a toyota front end on it

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IntenseMtrsprts7 IS DA MUDDA Fûçka! :bowdown:

IntenseMtrsprts7 -here, maybe this paragraph will help out with my reasonings..."We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks, we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to "the norm." Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done." -Wyatt Strange. I do not want my truck to be like every other S10 rolling around out there. I see mazda's all the time with toyota front ends, but its not everyday u see a s10 with a toyota front end on it
:bowdown:

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
That is the most amazing thing i have ever read
:bowdown:

I think I love you:beer: :uhoh: :cry:

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
All S-10 are about 1" lower on the Driver side from the factory. You dont notice it as much until its lowered. Belltech make a 1" spacer to fix this problem its about $40

As for the gas tank, I dont think thats it. I had about 1/16th of a tank tonight and it was sill uneven. By the same ammount as if I was comletely full.

·
Registered
128 Posts
IntenseMtrsprts7 said:
here, maybe this paragraph will help out with my reasonings..."We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks, we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to "the norm." Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done." -Wyatt Strange. I do not want my truck to be like every other S10 rolling around out there. I see mazda's all the time with toyota front ends, but its not everyday u see a s10 with a toyota front end on it
That is exactly what this sport is all about. Reminds me of this slogan , I think it's Nike or Fila or Adidas, "Don't just play the game, change the game" Everyone has the ability to be unique, just need to find out how to express that through your ride.

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
umm..whoever says it is the gas tank really does not know what they are talking about...b/c...the ...gas tank is underneath the bed behind the cab....how could all that weight transfer....to the front?? can't...if anything..it would lean in the back...mine does not lean...soo..i am not worried about it...

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know the Gas tank can not cause it. Remeber Guys this lean problem is on an S-10 Blazer. The Gastank is behind the rear axle between the frame rails. Go the gas tank can't be causing that. I believe on the 2nd gen blazers, the gas tank is actually on the driver side, but I am not positive. Does anyone have the part number for the belltech coil spacer?

·
Registered
121 Posts
now everyone may think im a complete dumba$$ for suggesting this but, could it be because that there is so much torque turning on the driveshaft, that when it turns it also shifts the weight of the car to the passenger side forcing it down one inch, then leveling it off, dont know but tried to help

1 - 20 of 36 Posts