S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol my first major problem, I think my cab is 1/4" to 1/2" lower than the frame horns and bed, so wtf can I do??? I was thinking about after I'm completly done with welding the cab up using washers on the mounts and raising it a bit, because its either that or somehow lowering the bed that little and cutting the bushings on the core support.

And the worst part about all of this is I know that I only cut 3.5" out, on the steps when I put the tape to it its about 3.75 but everywhere else its 3.5", but then when I look under the truck it looks like there is an inch of body past the frame..... what a great way to turn out a first body drop.....

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
buy a bodylift kit then cut the bodylift spacers down to right height to make everything even.. or you could always stack washers or cut and raise the body mounts that are on the frame up a touch to make level. theres some ideas for ya

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I put the bed back on today and the body lines are off by maybe 1/4" or less, so the way I figure I can just leave the cab alone and lower the front bushing for the core support, and after that I may try to think of a way of lowering the bed a little, lol that little of a difference probably wont matter... all I know is that my roll pan lays on the ground and I'm happy.

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
What you said would probly work out best... then you can tell everyone you got a 3.75" body drop and not a 3.5".. there is always good things when there is bad things!! HAHAH

good luck man.. post pics too i wanna see this thing

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
thats why you always have to b/d the bed more than the cab. So you can shim up the bed to match the cab. but in this case it seems like you mess up a little on the cab. just put some washers or something but the other opion that you can do is like someone else said with the body lift. but instead of buying a body lift cut down a hockey puck it will cost alot less hey but its up to you i figured i'd give ya some new ideas

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, when I have everything done I will decide whether or not I want it a little bit lower or not, so I may lower the bed just that much, by cutting the lower bed mounts (on bed), but I dont think its enough of a difference for a hockey puck lol......:D

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
My ******* buddys used hockey pucks for bodylifts on there 4x4's when were in high school lol

lower the bed..it would be less werk...

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I did, if someone will donate a camera, lol j/k.... I dont have the camera I was borrowing before, I'm too cheap to buy one.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol if someone will donate a scanner I'll do that...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
maybe u should measure twice and cut/weld once....this rule of thumb tends to work well.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well see thats the crazy thing about it, after I had everything cut and dropped I measured the pieces that I took out and they were all 3.5", and then I took a torpedo level and stuck it to the frame to see how it was sitting and then put the level in the door jamb and it was exact, so my measurements on the bed may have been off, I'm not sure all I know is that the cab is like 1/4" to 1/8" lower than the rest of everything.

I do understand what your saying though, but please cut me a little bit of slack, this is my first body drop, my first time fabricating things and the first time I have ever done anything this major and been able to put the vehicle back together, lol so its the first attempt and its been very sucessfull....

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Dont listen to him...if its only off by 1/4" or 1/8" that is a very minor detail that can be easily fixed and next time i'm sure it wont happen..

it was like your first time having sex, you can't expect anything amazing the first time.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol since you bring that up my first time sucked ass, which is very comparable to this, I know at first I posted that this would be my first and last body drop, well I've got it in my blood now, everything in sight is getting a body drop, I have my toyota up next and then I have another s-10 to drop.... right now I'm the lowest daily driver in the tri-county area....

·
Kutter
143 Posts
Everyone is saying to lift the cab alittle bit to make up the difference...but was i the only one that saw he had an inch of frame showing still? If u lift the cab....now your not laying rockers.....so wuts the point of a BD. But i see that your all done with it.....so how did u fix it ?

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
No, he he said the cab hung below the frame by an inch..so if he moved it up a inch or so it would be even with the bottom of the frame.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts