S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title is lame I guess, but meh..

I found this little gem on craigslist and decided it was worth the trip from Oklahoma City to Wichita Kansas to pick it up.. Scored it for a fair price.
It's a 2001 S10, ext cab with an interesting back story.. and only 65k miles on a 4.3L.

I'm hearing that the tuck was used as a prototype vehicle for KAIK Products to develop their billet products.. I am still trying to find more information on this!

The gentleman who owned the truck for the longest period of time when the billet parts were installed and it looked it's best sold it to someone who failed to make their payments and it ended up getting repossessed.
BUT... Before the finance company took the truck, he (the guy who didn't make the payments) removed the billet Boyd wheels, billet steering wheel and a fair amount of the billet interior pieces... I'm still counting over 25 different billet interior accessories still in the truck, I'm thinking that the truck had every single piece that KAIK produced installed on it before the repossession.

I'm planning to return her to her previous glory as the Billet King but with my taste this time, I need the following Billet items if anybody can help me out, I would prefer KAIK products but will consider other quality brands.

1. Billet Passenger Air Bag Cover
2. Billet Fuse box cover (side of dash, driver side)
3. Billet Interior door handle buckets
4. Billet Dash Speaker Grills
5. Billet Center Dash Vent

I'm sure I will think of more, but this all I noticed so far that was missing..

So the truck sat at the repo lot for a while with the gas cap off (It's in the bed floor) and the tank filled with water so I couldn't test fire the motor when I picked it up which made me a little nervous..

Here are a few of the pics from it's hay day I was able to track down, if you find or know of any more, please post them!!

Bringing it home to Oklahoma from Kansas..

We get it home, I drain the tank and pull the fuel pump to find a tank full of a stinky gas/water mixture and the following treasures..

Randomness..

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/644686_10151142794339054_910463638_n.jpg

Here are my plans thus far, they might change a little:

- Tub to lay out on 20s
- Rebuild blower box under hood (the truck still has A/C and I plan on keeping it!!)
- Move the battery somewhere possibly, We will see how much room I have after I get the front on the ground.
- Clean and polish all the billet and shiny stuff like crazy
- Something with the ass end, not sure which route yet but everything from the cab back will be reworked somehow..
- Swap for a metro brake booster or hydroboost..
- More items coming...............

Here are some existing parts I'm on the fence about..
- It has a Devious S10 fuel cell, it seems pretty nice but I do not have much experience with them, thoughts?
- Air ride technologies all in one 8 valve block (I will try and get better pictures soon)
- Grant steering wheel - WHICH BELONGS IN THE TRASH!!! SOMEONE PLEASE FIND/SELL ME A DECENT BILLET WHEEL
- Custom upholstered seats, I think they are leather? Any advice on cleaning them?
- Custom upholstered headliner.
- Custom Upholstered door panels.

I copied this from a thread I started a while back on another forum, I figured you guys would get more of a kick out of this build here.. I'll be updating this thread as things progress..

·
I don't feel tardy
3,809 Posts
jeremiah had it when it was still all ART and had the 6000 lb bed. he had 15" flat ppis in it for a while and switched the front bags to slams. he had the new bed done and sold it right after. brenden is the guy who bought it and lost it to repo. I would guess he still has the boyds and the billet. I have pictures somewhere and I think I even have a video clip of him running the train horn downtown.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to see what you have sometime if you can dig em up man!

I have heard several different stories on the truck, I'm just gonna keep making it mine and more badass.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ART arms are laying in my scrap pile now, btw. I will post pics of my modified lowers when I tear it back apart for paint.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They need new ball joints and had some crappy cups laying out.. They are meant to be used with the ART Shockwaves.. I could not get them to lay out on a 20" wheel without rubbing the bags like crazy due to where they are "bent".

·
( . Y . )
1,279 Posts
Nice find man! Looks like its coming along nicely. As far as those air ride valve blocks in my opinion they are still best valve block on market!If you come across anymore billet that is not your taste lmk. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Close up of the valve block..

Next on the agenda to fix...

The entire ass end is getting cut out and re didididid

Starting the A/C crap..

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
i have a Devious Customs fuel cell too and personally i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its only a 9-10 gallon tank at best and the welds on mine were junk so i had to re tig the whole thing to use it. I could only squeeze out 140-150 miles out of a tank with my 4.3L on 22's until I bought a tuned pcm from Wait4meperformance.com and started getting 200 out of tank.
But still I am pulling my Devious tank and going back to the stock one this yr untill I find a nice round style fuel cell to run inside my bed
plenty of pics in my project thread if needed

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts