S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.s10forum.com/modules.php...ers_Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

I'm not gonna load this thread with pics so if you wanna see em all go to the link.

Sofar the installs going GREAT! We started at 5pm on friday and got all of the hard work outta the way by 11:30! Including the new heads on and tq'd down, the cam in, the lifters in, the pushrods in, and the intake manifold back on w/ the distributor.

Hopefully we'll be done by tonite. The guy helping us said to break in the cam, do a burnout out of the shop! That shouldnt be a problem unless something goes wrong.

Well the thing I though was the most amusing was our great injector setup. We have 1 injector that shoots gas into lines that run to the intake ports. What a great design, NOT.

We'll I'm headin back to work enjoy.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
good luck.. will we see a dyno? ive been curious about headers and cams lately

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a possibility, I haven't really thought about it.

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
I plan on doing exhaust and cam in a few months, after I get my drop spindles...let us know how it goes!

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i guess he figured he mite as well put a better radiator in while the engine is out.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"why the new radiatron?" -Lighter and better cooling.

Well we didnt work to long today. We took the stock Y-pipe off, mounted the headers, put the throttle body on, set the valve lash, hooked up some wires/connectors, reconnected the steering shaft, put the distributor cap on and have the wires hooked up, and have the timing cover, damper, and crank pulley on.

Hopefully we'll be done tomorrow. What we're gonna do for the y-pipe is cut off the flange on the new ypipe and weld a peice in and weld the flange onto that. Good idea huh?

Well heres a couple pics.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
first time i ever saw THAT...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Hey 96s10, when you took off the timing cover did you have to replace the whole cover assembly? Over at autozone they dont sell the gasket and told me I have to replace the cover -- it says to do so on the cover -- and its dealer only. That motor should run pretty hard with that cam and heads.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it says on the cover replace upon removal.

Sry about the quadruple post im sure an admin will delete them.

We got it started today. All I can say is its awsome! VERY loppey idle. We gotta do a little tuning, turning the idle up and such. Other than thats it going great.

I'll have a video of the idle l8r tonite.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Looks good, should make good power. :)

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gmwhynot said:
how much did you end up spending when it was all said and done
Around $2500

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Looks great, I bet A LOT of that $2500 was absorbed by Mach's stage 3 heads, but other than that seems like the cost is well worth it. With that cam will you need a reflash of the computer or does it run fairly good without one? I am wanting to put a cam in myself along with rockers, but I do not really feel like spending $500+ on a reflash if I don't have to right away. lastly, with that cam and roller rockers I am assuming you need valve cover spacers as I think I see them in the pics, is that absolutely necessary with the 1.52 rockers and that cam?

·
K.L.N. Performance
80 Posts
wHARE DID YOU GET THE SPACERS THAT IS THE ONLY THING
stoping me from running vortec heads??!!!!

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
mcgruff1 said:
Valve cover spacers aren't necessary with 1.52 rockers and that cam.
Thanks, that looks like a nice setup to run.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts