S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i have posted a couple of messages on this board in the past couple of days, and maybe some of you are getting used to seeing my name. The truth is i am new to the whole lowering thing. In about a month, i will be getting a 98 s-10 extended cab 4.3 5speed. I have been looking all over the place for bolt on applications. The best one i have come across is the Airbar system from air ride technologies. I have looked all over the place, and i asked people, but have yet to get a straight up answer. Is the airbar 4-link system ($995 on s-10) www.ridetech.com for the front and back, or is it just the back? If it is just the back does anyone know of a good bolt on front and back system for a reasonable price? I want something that rides well, and that will get me pretty close to the ground. Please help, i am very confused of what to get right now. I thought the airbar system was great, but if i have to get something else for the front, then i dont know.... Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks everyone!
-Shane

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay... thanks to the advice, and my budget-kinda low (im only 16)... I think i am looking now as the cool ride application for the front, and the air over leaf application for the back. All this plus teh compressor system would come out to less than $1500. Thats all good, but my only question about that, is how much movement will i actually get out of the air ride systems? Will i be able to noticably lower both the front and back of my truck, and would i be able to "slam" it? Thanks
-Shane

·
Registered
2,521 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey i dont want to sound dumb, but what are the things you talk about: 2" drop spindles, 2.5 " cnotch, 4" block. I have seen many people talk about them, but i have no idea. thanks for all the help
-Shane

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, the link the truck with the system i was talking about doesnt work.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I don't know where the other link came from, try this one
http://ourworld.cs.com/lowlyfe1216/myhomepage/profile.html

The spindle is what the front wheel/ Hub assembly bolts to. A 2" drop spindle will lower your truck an extra 2". A lowering block is a block that goes between the axle and leaf spring for more drop. They come in 1"-4" sizes. And a C-notch is a C shaped cutout in the frame for the axle to go up into.

Larry
www.innovativeairsuspension.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts